Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep Norms & Benchmarks?

Hi,

I've been using my Alta HR for almost a week now but am puzzled about the sleep info. From what I'm reading it's supposed to be possible to see benchmarks based on your gender and age but I can't figure out how or where to see this info. Does anyone know? 

The example in the Help article here: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2163 lists a woman of indefinite age and says her benchmarks are:

Awake: 5-15%

REM: 15-25%

Light: 50-60%

Deep: 12-22%

The problem is I have no clue how to find that screen in Dashboard. I've looked at the data for each day - and copied it into an Excel spreadsheet to get my own averages:

Awake: 15%

REM: 15%

Light: 50%

Deep: 20%

While these are within the example benchmarks (just), I'm probably not the same age, and at least as importantly, I'm not female. From my reading REM sleep is typically 20-25% in adults whereas the example says 15-25% so I'm probably on the low side. I've averaged about 7 hours of sleep a night - again only just within benchmarks, with another hour wasted as Awake - I'm also waking 30 times a night on average. There's nothing that's glaringly problematic at this stage - largely because I'm so ignorant, but I do wonder about the proportion of REM sleep I'm getting and how often I'm waking each night. Having benchmarks to see if I fall within the average range would definitely be useful!!!

On a side note the Today button is always greyed out. I'm not sure if that's because I have sync issues - still waiting for the complimentary dongle from Fitbit. I presume it will only become available once I have the ability to sync after waking.

Any and all advice will be appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0