Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

“Sleep day” as day you GO to sleep

Ok, there are a million comments and “thumbs up” in the forums on this.

We want to see the day the sleep is assigned to as “the day I went to sleep”. If I go to bed Sunday night at 11pm and wake on Monday at 7, this is being shown as my sleep on Monday. This is not how anyone in the real world thinks, that I’ve ever seen. When I look at my records, and I want to see how much sleep I got last Wednesday, I shouldn’t have to look at Thursday. It is counter-intuitive.

And if I go to bed after midnight, which I often do, I still deem this as the sleep from the day I woke up (so if I go to bed “Sunday night” at 12:30pm -yes I know “technically” it’s Monday”- and wake 6 hours later at 6:30am on Monday, I want this recorded as my SUNDAY night’s sleep).

We all know that’s the way it should be, so please don’t close this suggestion to comments. Hear us. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

@CarlaDawn wrote:

We all know that’s the way it should be, so please don’t close this suggestion to comments. Hear us.

I understand your point, but I don't know that "we all know that's the way it should be". Different people have different views. I have always heard questions such as, "did you sleep okay last night", and have never heard "did you sleep okay yesterday". So, I have always based my sleep status on the day I got up, not the day I went to bed.   Maybe a good solution would be if the app provided an option to select whether the user wants it based on the start time, or the end time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @CarlaDawn, welcome to the community forums! @USAF-Larry it's great to see you around and thanks for your great input! 

@CarlaDawn thank you very much for your feedback and suggestion! I very much appreciate all of the input that we receive and we will leave this thread open for other users to leave their comments and votes. 

See you around.

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes