Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep loses log if I wake up in the middle of the night

ANSWERED

Since the latest software release, if I go to bed at 9pm and wake up at midnight to go to the bathroom and go back to sleep - my log shows either: I slept from 9pm-midnight only OR I slept from midnight until I woke up. In other words, it loses part of the log.

If I try to fix it manually by adding a sleep log, it automatically knows the times but I still have to add and it shows like I slept in two sessions.

Before I had never had a problem with sleep log. I faithfully look at the sleep log since it's something important to me. Does anyone else have this problem? Is it being fixed soon?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have the same challenges.   I am up anywhere from 1-4 times a night to pee (I drink a lot of water throughout the day).   My old fitbit (one of the earliest) understood this. My nightly sleep pattern showed and broke out each sleep chunk wether an hour or several hours long.    My present fitbit (charger 2} does not.   According to it, I have only slept about 10 hours in the last two weeks (initial sleep to first pee break), less if you factor in restless sleep.   Am I dead?   Am I dreaming that I am living?  

The first fitbit didn't ask for sleep parameters.  Can I eliminate these?  I'm retired and my sleep schedule changes whenever I need it to.  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

I have the same challenges.   I am up anywhere from 1-4 times a night to pee (I drink a lot of water throughout the day).   My old fitbit (one of the earliest) understood this. My nightly sleep pattern showed and broke out each sleep chunk wether an hour or several hours long.    My present fitbit (charger 2} does not.   According to it, I have only slept about 10 hours in the last two weeks (initial sleep to first pee break), less if you factor in restless sleep.   Am I dead?   Am I dreaming that I am living?  

The first fitbit didn't ask for sleep parameters.  Can I eliminate these?  I'm retired and my sleep schedule changes whenever I need it to.  

Best Answer

Not sure why it marked it as a solution. Glad it’s not just me. I wondered the same - am I dead? Did I dream I was sleeping while awake. This is very upsetting and wrong. Hopefully it will be fixed 

Best Answer

I have been experiencing this the last two weeks, sometimes my Charge 2 tracks the entire night but if I am up before Midnight for a drink or potty, it does not track the entire night. I tried changing the sensitivity and it did not help.  Any other suggestions? 

Best Answer

What was the Solution, when I select it goes no where - would love to know the resolve.

Best Answer
There is no solution. I don’t even know how it tagged as a solution since I never clicked on it

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Just got the device.  I woke up at 3 for a pee and it did not record the rest of the night.  I am unclear why this is marked as solved.   How do we actually solve this problem everyone is having?   Thanks. 

Best Answer

My fitbit flex 2 has the same problem.  On my most sleepless nights, when I'd really like to see the record, it stops recording if I get up to pee.  It's really annoying. 

@Winter- wrote:

Just got the device.  I woke up at 3 for a pee and it did not record the rest of the night.  I am unclear why this is marked as solved.   How do we actually solve this problem everyone is having?   Thanks. 

Best Answer

This happened to me with my flex two at the beginning. Now I’m using it and inspire HR and it’s doing it as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK this community forum needs a little work. A quick post by accident and I can’t find a way to edit my previous post. 

Anyway, you can go in the Fitbit app. Going to the sleep area and in the upper right I think there is an ellipsis you can click on.    Then you can add a sleep log.   You can’t have overlapping sleep logs but you can try to fill in the gap’s on your sleep log where is broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes