Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score is not accurate

One night I got almost 7 hours of sleep and I get a score of 72 and the other night I barely get 5 hours of sleep and I get a score of 76?

Also, do you have any literature which justifies Fitbit to apply the HRV rather than the brain monitoring to estimate the sleep stages?

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

I am having the same difficulties with sleep tracking.... I fall asleep in my recliner and may sleep for 3 1/2 hours and then go to bed.. it ONLY tracks the time in bed, not while in my recliner!!!  And for a good many nights, I will go to sleep at 5 AM and wake up to pee at 9 and go back and sleep till 3:30.. and my fit bit will say either I slept 5-9 or 9 to 3;30... NOT the total of sleep I received... VERY disappointed because I had the same issue with my charge 2 and figured it was just getting old after almost 2 years, so I bought a new Inspire 2 in April of 2022, and it is doing the same thing now i

n November of 2022!!!!!   Is there any recourse to either reset my fitbit or get a replacement that MAY work any better!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up on them. I went and got another sleep monitor, one that is not so convenient. So far is tracks my sleep closer to my estimates. It is not perfect either, but I trust it more than Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I do not sleep well but I do not believe my fitbit sleep score, last night it said I slept 2 hours and 30 mins and did not give me a sleep score, I do wake up alot at night, usually get 1 to 2 hours sleep then wake up and it usually takes me about 15 to 20 mins to get back to sleep, I wake about 3 to 4 times a night and I am working on improving my sleep but last night I know I got more sleep then 2 hours sleep.  I wear my fit bit above my wrist as I can't stand it right on my wrist, could that be the problem?  Below is a snap shot of my sleep score this week.  I know I have slept better than this, I am not even tired? 

Dunavin_0-1670519377182.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have similar recurring sleep score inconsistencies to report.  Twice in the past week I woke up at 5:30 am and checked my sleep score (was 84 both times with ~ 6.2 hours sleep).  Then I quickly went back to sleep, sleeping well for another 1.3 hours. Both times when I re-checked my score I found it went down to 80 for 7.5 hours sleep.  The algorithm must be giving more value to something other than actual sleep.  

Best Answer

I get up to use the bathroom at least once a night and my fit bit Charge does not disregard the sleep that ca,e before. It registers as awake time. Seems to me, you might do well looking into another device.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I already got another device. Not Fitbit, obviously.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Because it's not about service anymore, it's about money...

Best Answer
0 Votes