Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleep score woes

I sleep terribly. I knew this before I got my Fitbit. I am perpetually tired but I am also anemic and have hypothyroidism so I am sure that contributes.

I usually sleep 6ish hours. I am and always have been a light sleeper. 

On the average I get about 45 minutes of deep sleep, and I complete about 2, maybe 3 full sleep cycles.

If i sleep 8 hours, which finally I did last night I feel like trash. All day long. It says I got about 1 hour and 24 minutes of deep sleep. I should be feeling great but I feel just flat awful everytime I sleep like this. I had 3 sleep cycles complete last night. 

This causes me stress because I simply do not know how to fix this. I am not willing to do a sleep study.

My sleep score is in the low 70s, a few sixties, and one 83 last night. 

Anyone else have these problems? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I used to have those symptoms...until i got prescribed a CPAP because of my severe Sleep Apnea. In general, under sleep apnea stress, the more you sleep the worse you feel because you have more air flow interruptions. With the CPAP, i feel fresh everytime i wake up...the only symptom i might have if i sleep less than i need is a migraine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, perhaps I will just see if I can have a sleep study done. I do not snore so I would hope it do not have sleep apnea, I have however woken up breathless a few times so  this could be the case. Thank you for the response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a CPAP. It's been life changing. Of note, I thought I would have to go to a lab to do a test like a lab rate. It was so simple...I was sent a device to wear one night that was so simple to set up that it was a non-event. Sent it back and found I was waking up 45-50 time per hour. Got my CPAP a few weeks later and am much less tired. Same sleep times, but more rest.

Best Answer

I'll second this. Before my actual sleep study they gave me this device that slipped over my thumb (I think) that gave them a rough measure of what was going on. This was followed by an actual sleep study because why not more tests but I was astounded at the amount of information generated by that first test. If you need a CPAP though it really is life changing. I stopped falling asleep while driving the car around town and I could pay attention again. Don't hesitate if you need one and don't be afraid to price shop. My insurance charged a copay that was almost triple what the same supplies cost online and my CPAP machine itself cost me about 1.5 times more than just buying it outright. Add what they're probably gouging the insurance company and they're making bank!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Luckly i am european and the CPAP and it's service/maintance is free as long i have a prescription for it...

Fitbit and i guess me changing my lifestyle is already showing in the Sleep report coming from the CPAP. My CPAP is set for a maximum pressure of 15 bar (218 psi) and its maximum pre Fitbit was always around 14.9  bar (217 psi)...Two months later of fitbit and last night's maximum pressure the machine used was 12.3 bar (178 psi) and it keeps lowering.

Best Answer
0 Votes