Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleeping heart rate graph is blank on my iPhone

ANSWERED

sleeping heart rate chart is blank on my iphone, estimated oygen variation is working, any solution??

Moderator edit: subject for clarity/format 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @dglaze @JeanFL. Welcome to the community forums. @Cathyf123 It's great to see you around. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for taking the time to report this matter. If you refer to the Sleep Heart Rate graph, my team is currently aware of it and for more information and updates, I recommend visiting the following thread

@Cathyf123 On a side note, I've merged the thread in which you provided screenshots to this single thread. This way we can keep the community forums organized. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
21 REPLIES 21

I have been having the same issue for weeks as well.  

Best Answer

I have days where I took screen shots of the heart rate graph earlier, and now they are blank.

It's almost like if I look at particular nights too many times the graph gets wiped out! This is really frustrating, because I'm trying to align the heart rate data with my cpap machine data, and so the graphs I've looked at a bunch of times are the ones that have the most interesting and valuable data on them!

I'm about to buy a recording pulse oximeter and give up on the Fitbit as a useful data device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's what my Apr 2 heart rate graph looked like at the time:

Screenshot from Apr 2Screenshot from Apr 2

This is what it looked like starting today:

Screenshot just nowScreenshot just now

This has happened to all of the dates that I've looked at frequently over the last few weeks. The reason that I've been looking at them is that they have interesting and significant data on them (this one was 8:57pm-5am my sleep-lab study, and then 6am-9:01am I have my CPAP data from when I came home and went back to sleep after the study.)

Anyone else have these problems?

Best Answer

Hello @dglaze @JeanFL. Welcome to the community forums. @Cathyf123 It's great to see you around. 

I'm very sorry for the experience and thank you very much for taking the time to report this matter. If you refer to the Sleep Heart Rate graph, my team is currently aware of it and for more information and updates, I recommend visiting the following thread

@Cathyf123 On a side note, I've merged the thread in which you provided screenshots to this single thread. This way we can keep the community forums organized. 

See you around. 

Best Answer

I'm confused. The thread that you linked to has only a vague description of a problem so I'm not sure if it's the same thing that I'm seeing. It also says that the problem was fixed on Wednesday and is fixed by an update.

I have an iPhone, and there is no available update for the fitbit app.

In that thread there is a link to a procedure to getting the fitbit app version info under iOS. It refers to clicking on things that are nowhere to be found in my fitbit app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly what my sleeping heart rate charts looks like--one straight dotted line.  It has been going on for over a week.  All my past data on these charts is not longer showing as well.

Best Answer

Jean -- I have most of my heart rate data. What I have is that there are a couple of particular nights that I am very interested in and have looked at the graphs many times, and now when I look at the graphs they are blank. (I had a sleep study in November, a sleep study 2 weeks ago, a really bad positional apnea night a month ago, and a cluster of apneas a couple of days after Thanksgiving.) Up until a couple of days ago, I had data on all those graphs, and I have screen shots of both of them. All of the other nights which I have only looked at a few times the data is still there.

I can't tell if this is the same problem you guys are having or something different.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went to my Fitbit app on my iPhone and updated the app and after updating the heart rate graph was working this morning.  Thank you Wilsonfitbit

Best Answer

Ok, just in case anyone else is as confused as I was: On my iPhone, I went to the AppStore and there was no update for the Fitbit app. (And wasn't any of the times that I looked over the last few days.)

To find the update, first I searched on "Fitbit" in the AppStore search function. This listed the Fitbit app, and it had an "OPEN" button, exactly like you expect when it's an app that's already on the phone. Then I clicked on the app in the search results -- this shows more detail about the application. At THAT POINT -- where I would expect to see the "OPEN" button there was an "UPDATE" button! I clicked it, the familiar circle status started filling. Once that completed, it is an "OPEN" button, and when I Open the app the heart rate graphs are now back the way that they should be.

(The user interface to access these graphs still sucks, but at least they are there!)

Best Answer

@Cathyf123 @JeanFL @dglaze Thank you for your reply. 

I appreciate the time you've taken to read the information that was shared above and for resolving this inconvenience. Also, thank you so much for your input and feedback since this helps a lot to continue working on improvements to our services. 

@JeanFL If you haven't done so, please try to perform the update to the Fitbit App to see if that helps for you as well. Note that you can also follow the tips provided by @Cathyf123 or click here for more information. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for this. Worked exactly the same for me! Went to App Store, and only saw 'update' option AFTER I clicked through to application details. Installed the update, and now all my sleeping heart-rate graphs are back 🙂 !

Best Answer

Hello @Tinkerbellee. It's great to see you around! 

Thanks for sharing this information! I'm glad to know that all your sleep and heart rate graphs are back. 

Have a great day! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure why when I do exactly what everyone is saying by opening the app from the app store, that mine just opens as usual and doesn't show an update.  I still can't get that chart to show on my IPhone.  It sounds like maybe Fitbit is still working on this issue but if anyone has any further suggestions, I would appreciate them!  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

To find the update, first I searched on "Fitbit" in the AppStore search function. This listed the Fitbit app, and it had an "OPEN" button, exactly like you expect when it's an app that's already on the phone. Then I clicked on the app in the search results -- this shows more detail about the application. At THAT POINT -- where I would expect to see the "OPEN" button there was an "UPDATE" button! I clicked it, the familiar circle status started filling. Once that completed, it is an "OPEN" button, and when I Open the app the heart rate graphs are now back the way that they should be.

Best Answer
As I mentioned in my note, this doesn’t work for me. There is no update,
just the Open button. I have Fitbit Premium. Does that make a difference?
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Premium also, try hitting the open button and see if it ask you for an update 

Best Answer
It doesn’t. Do you know how I can check which update is my most recent? I
just restarted my phone and nothing changed. Thx 😊!
Best Answer
0 Votes
Click on the Fitbit app in the App Store to open it up. For some reason, after you open the the App in the App Store, the update shows up.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
Just figured it out....I had to go to the App Store and press hard on the
Fitbit app icon. That made the update screen pop up. It didn’t show
previously but yeah!!! Thank you everyone (and my hubby who suggested the
press and hold)!
Best Answer