Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sleeping patterns

Hi all,

I have been using my fitbit for a while and I don't know if I have strange sleeping patter or if the fitbit is registrating every move. It seems that I'm awakining a lot during the night, around 30 times, and get very little deep sleep, between 10 to 20 minutes and this is how it is every night. Is this normal? How does your sleeping patterns looks like.

Sinivanni123_0-1700289438697.png

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Sinivanni123 

Please keep in mind that everyone's sleep pattern will be different. That said, my sleeping pattern isn't too different than yours that you shared. Our Fitbit devices track our movements during the night. If we're a bit restless, it will show that we were "awake" during that time even though we don't actually wake up. 

There are nights when I don't get a lot of deep sleep. The important thing for me is how I feel in the morning. If I feel rested and not tired, I don't worry too much about my tracked sleep pattern. 

If you think you are having a sleep issue and are not getting enough sleep, you should discuss this with your doctor. They are the best person to give you advice. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello RiekoC,

Thank you so much for your answer. I feel a bit rested in the mornings, so maybe there is not an issue.

Best Answer

Thank you dianaadrr.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Sinivanni123 

You're very welcome. Glad to hear that you feel rested in the morning. 

BTW, I forgot to mention about Sleep Sensitivity. You might want to check to see if your Sleep Sensitivity is set to Normal or Sensitive. If it's set to Sensitive, I believe it will track more awakenings. To check:

• Tap on your picture/icon (Android) / gear icon (iOS) in the upper right of the Today page in the Fitbit app
  • Tap on Fitbit Settings
  • Tap on App Settings
  • Here you should see the Sleep Sensitivity setting. If it's set to Sensitive, you can tap on it and change it to Normal
  • Tap on the arrows in the upper left to get back to the Today page

Just to let you know, my Sleep Sensitivity is set to Normal and I still see a lot of times where my Fitbit tracked an "awake" time during my sleep. 

Rieko | N California USA MBG PE

Best Answer
0 Votes