Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning off sleep notifications

Before updating my versa to the most recent software update I had notifications turned off when asleep. I can no longer find this option available. It instead only gives me the option to manually turn off before I go to sleep or set a schedule. I don’t have a regular sleeping schedule so that is not a good option for me. The previous option to disable notifications based on my sleeping heart rate was much better suited to me. Can I get this back? Pleeeeeasssse!

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hello @Topher0522, welcome to the forums. I am sorry for the delayed response. 

I assume you may have found the setting already, but here you have the path to activate or deactivate the bedtime reminder. 

• Open the Fitbit app
  • Tap on the sleep tile
    • You will see the list of sleep logs
  • On the top right corner tap on the gear icon. 
    • You will enter the sleep feature settings
  • There you have the option to turn off the bedtime reminders

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. You can always post on a thread for your specific tracker. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

You did not understand his extremely valid issue. The issue is not work the bedtime reminders. Prior to the update, the Fitbit knew you were asleep and did not send notifications. Now, the only option is to set a schedule, which is unreasonable and unhelpful for those who have irregular sleep patterns, or to manually push the sleep button every single night and morning. Can Fitbit please bring back the ability for it to automatically turn off notifications when it knows you're sleeping?

Additionally, I'm still getting some Fitbit challenge notifications even when I do hit the sleep button.

Best Answer

I've followed these steps over and over. The sleep reminder keeps turning back on. It won't stay off. It's annoying! I ended up setting my reminder for the middle of the day so it wouldn't wake me. 

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue.  The sleep reminder continues to turn on.   I even tried to delete the app data and re-login in.  

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. I tried to deselect all days in the scheduler but the app forces at least one day to be selected. Very annoying. Thanks for the middle of the day tip; I can live with that.

Best Answer

I never had bedtime reminders turned on and now I get a bedtime reminder every night at 10pm. When I go into the sleep settings all of the options are turned off. So reminders are not even set but I keep getting a bedtime reminder. At this point I am going to delete the app... throw the watch away and go back to the year 2005 when times were simpler. lol

Best Answer

Yeah - this is driving me nuts… did you find a way to stop the reminders apart from stomping on the dratted thing?

Best Answer

Unfortunately, nothing has worked. Suddenly my watch has become so dim that I can no longer see the clock or the settings. So I think Fitbit is going out of business and they are slowly killing off the watches...? (or trying to force everyone to buy a replacement which I am definitely not doing now)  Apple watches look nice.

Best Answer

I’m having the same issue, every weekday at 10pm! It must be a new update or something and it’s making me crazy. I double check my settings day after day and nothing is turned on. I’m about to throw this thing in the trash… 

Best Answer

Same issue! Every night at 10pm. All notifications are turned off. App and OS are up to date. I've been a Fitbit user for a long time am really getting frustrated with the lack of quality. Continual issues syncing my Charge 3 as well. Fitbit you are losing loyal customers!

Best Answer

New FitBit Sense telling me to go to bed even though notifications are off.  Sleep seeings "Bedtime Reminder" is off.

Hot Tip: Put all the notifications in once place instead of spreading them into sub-menus for everything.  I love the FitBit but the UI is extremely fragmented.

Best Answer

I get a reminder at 10pm every night too! I am a night person. I can’t remember the last time I went to bed at 10 unless I was sick or something. I’m with you! Bring back 2005 … or 1995! Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been looking at the iWatch and it’s really nice! But I just bought an iPhone so maybe when I pay that off in 20 years I’ll be able to get an iWatch 😂

Best Answer

It's comical but expected to see ALL random responders misunderstanding the OP's issue and take the thread in their own direction.

It's not funny for an official FitBit representative to respond without understanding the issue first. ESPECIALLY when the first sentence makes it obvious he's not talking about the bedtime reminder. Unprofessional

Best Answer
0 Votes