Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typical heart rate pattern while sleeping?

Hi. Just curious if this is typical, weird, concerning, or what... I've been wearing a Charge 2/3 for almost a year now, and have noticed a common pattern for myself. I will often have a dip in HR just after laying down, but then my HR goes up for a couple hours, often 10-15 bpm above my RHR, then will gradually come down, stay lower for the last half of the night. So, if my average RHR is 70, my HR will be about 65 when I first lay down, go up to 75-85 for the first couple hours, then will be 60-65 for the last half of the night. It seems like my higher HR correlates to my deeper sleep, which I thought was backwards. FWIW, I don't typically have sleep issues, get about 7-8 hours per night, wake once or twice (usually pretty briefly) and am of fairly good health. I don't snore or have daytime sleepiness that would indicate any apnea issues. I wouldn't have thought anything of it, except that when I wake during that early part of the night I can tell my heart is beating a little faster than I would normally think it should during sleep and that is what let me to notice that pattern. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Mine spikes an hour or so after I've gone to sleep. Often to a level that's as high as it would be when I'm awake. This seems to sync up with times that I'm in deep sleep. Though this would seem counter intuitive.

Best Answer
0 Votes