Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Sleep Data with Doctor?

ANSWERED

I have had trouble sleeping for years but have never really brought it up to my doctor to get it checked out(stupid I know). However, I recently purchased a FitBit Charge HR and have been noticing that my sleep is worse than I thought and I am constantly restless throughout the night. I am wondering if anybody has ever taken their FitBit sleep tracking data and used it to have a conversation with their doctor? Is it enough information for them to go off of in terms of recommending things to help out?

Mod edit: title for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It's really going to depend on your doctor.  Some of them are looking at the tracking info for medical issues, others say they are not medical devices, and won't look at the data.

My doctor looked at my data and help me get on a drug to lower my heart rate.  I've gotten off that drug now.  Amazing what losing 65 lbs does to the body!

Good luck!

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

From personal experience, I just took the info my wife gave me to the doctor and he had me try out a medication to help with RLS.  That did the trick and I was able to avoid a sleep study.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's really going to depend on your doctor.  Some of them are looking at the tracking info for medical issues, others say they are not medical devices, and won't look at the data.

My doctor looked at my data and help me get on a drug to lower my heart rate.  I've gotten off that drug now.  Amazing what losing 65 lbs does to the body!

Good luck!

John | Texas,USA | Surge | Aria | Blaze | Windows | iPhone | Always consult with a doctor regarding all medical issues. Keep active!!!
Best Answer