Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a too low resting heart rate

I'm 65 year old man. I noticed since I started using my Fitbit my resting/sleeping hear rate gets to 42.

I do play tennis but I'm not a runner. I lost my left lung to cancer 23 years ago.  I'm concerned about a 42 bpm should I be?

Thank you in advance to anyone who reply's  

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Edited- Never mind. I was just trying to be helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm concerned about a 42 bpm should I be?

It’s really something that should be adjudicated by a medical professional, not by the collective wisdom of the Fitbit community.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @Dominique , nice to see you around. Thank you very much for your comment.

@Trumpalltheway @SunsetRunner , a warm welcome to the Community! Please be aware that Fitbit devices are not medical devices, and are not recommended for any diagnostic. Our products are intended to be used as a reference, for people who want to improve their fitness. 

As @Dominique mentioned, I would also recommend you to have a visit with an health expert, as your doctor, to keep track regarding your concerns.

Regarding the reading you are having, please verify that your device is well placed and not too lose or tight. I wish you all a fitter and healthier week. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer

Hi juan

I understand your comment. I’m not try to hold fitbit to any accuracy level. I can tell you that I’ve tested the pulse number with what the doctor office gets and it’s pretty close.  I did get a test on my heart and the doctor said my valve leakage is very low and rated excellent as did my stroke volume.   He still wants to get a different test. But he said athletes can have lower rates than the average person.  So basically I’m ok but he’s ordering some other tests.  Told me not to worry but that a complete work up should be made to determine if it’s just normal for me or an electrical or node issue. He’s over my head now. I was just curious what other people who are active have for resting pulse thank you 

Best Answer

Hi @Trumpalltheway , nice to see you back. Thank you for your update, and enhanced information.

As you mentioned, athletes can have a lower resting hear trate as the rest of us. It's nice that you have checked with your doctor regarding your resting heart rate. We can see what other Community members tell you about their resting heart rate. But remember that the information may vary  depending on the personal data (high, weight, age, etc). 

Please keep posting and I wish you a fitter week .

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer