Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrist band doesnt stay attached

I love the ability of the fitbit to help me monitor my sleep habits. I am having one difficulty in that the wrist band for night wear does not "grip" itself in the closed position well enough not to fall off my wrist at night. I wonder if anyone has the same problem and if you have come up with a work around.

Thanks,

joro

Best Answer
0 Votes
27 REPLIES 27

My band use to come apart as well.  What I did was order a few of the extra clasps, plus bought the 3-color pack.  I now just clasp each band together so that the holes are use to being clasp together.  At first it is hard to get them to "snap" in, but try clasping together before putting on your wrist.  Wiggle the clasp back and forth until you hear a "click"  Also, make sure that the clasp is sort of depressed in the band.  I was having a hard time getting it to lock in place until I realized the clasp was not seated tightly.  You almost have to "walk" it in by stretching the band a bit to make sure the clasp is depressed. Again, you'll hear a little click to know that the clasp is seated properly.  It just takes practice before you are good at it. 

Best Answer

mam50289,

Thanks for the reply. I was referring to the velcro wrist band that you slip the fitbit in at night to wear on your wrist. The Velcro is not very strong. I might have to "sew" my own velcro in place or figure out another way to keep it secured to my wrist.

Thanks so much.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue at first, but after stealing the velcrostrap from my wife I always make sure to keep it flat during the day and take extra care not to curl it up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another easy fix. I use a small zip tie it acts llke the little band on your watch. I just slide it up to take it off and slide it back down when i am wearing it. I have used this for about 4 months and works very well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, I am going to try this before I throw the wrist band against a wall in discust.  I haven't had it on since I recharged the battery.

Why doesn't FitBit address this issue?

Best Answer

I had the same problem but I took the advice of someone else here and bought rubber O Rings to hold the band on.  Seems ridiculous that we have to do this but Fitbit doesn't seem to have figured out how to deal with this problem.  The O rings help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I gave up on the velcro band and just bought one of those wrist sweatbands with a zipper pouch they make for holding small items while you work out. It holds my fitbit, doesn't slip off, and is far more comfortable than the stupid velcro strap ever was.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This has been discussed a couple of times. I had the same problem and also went with the work-out "wallet" sweatband. It has worked really well and I don't even realize I'm wearing it at night.

A couple of folks mentioned buying inexpensive wrist bands at the dollar store cutting a small slit in it and sliding the one in there as well.

Good Luck!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for your suggestion. I will have to look for the wallet wrist band. In
the meantime, I have kept it off for a month, since time (AKA caregiver) has not
allowed me to do much else. I logged my exercise into Weight Watchers app
instead.

G. Caruso
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have come up with a solution that has worked great for months now. I keep the fitbit in its rubber sleeve and slide it onto the loop of my watch wristband. It stays attached easily since the clip on the fitbit is pretty sturdy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have used the O Ring thing and it has worked great so far. Shame that we
have to go to these lengths!
Best Answer
0 Votes

My problem is the wrist strap isn't large enough for my wrists. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

i may have to try the dollar store idea, thanks. The other way i use the velcro wrist band is to flip it upsidedown and use it that way. It actually stays on through the night that way.

MD-USA,One all the way!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I really liked my fitbit but alas it came undone (again) while I was out and I could not locate it! The latch needs some work. I'm not sure I want to invest another $150 for another Charge model- it might become latched again. 

Mike Briggs 

Washougal WA

Best Answer
0 Votes

If the fitbit manufacturers are reading this...would you care to invest in me, your customer, and to give me another fitbit Charge? I liked it a lot and it was a Christmas gift from a concerrned spouse (for my  health). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have lost my fitbit about 5 times since buying it last month due to falling off my wrist and fortunately someone returned each time.  I stenciled my name and phone number on the fitbit.   My wife and daughter who both have one say theirs has never fallen off and they say I must not be fastening all the way.  I believe I do fasten securely but I can't seem to get it to stay on my wrist.  Could it be a defective wrist band?  I will use something as some have suggested  to help keep it attached but it doesn't seem like it should just fall off when I am walking or doing activities.  Love it but if I permanently lose I would not buy again due to this reason.

Best Answer

Go to Amazon.com and search for BitBelts.  They are inexpensive, available in many colors and do the trick.  They have them for all FitBit models.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you see one for the One, because I don't.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Joro- yes, I too have had some probs keeping my fitbit on my wrist. In fact after it came off for the 3rd time- I acutally lost it. But I got in touch with fitbit and they sent me a replacement one. I do like this machine but I think they have some engineering probs with their wrist straps. 

Mike Briggs

Washougal, WA

Best Answer
0 Votes