Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

anyone willing to talk about the way they use their fibtbit charge 2 ?

Hello everyone,

I'm part of a team researching how some devices (including fitbit charge 2) are used and how they affect the sleep of their users. If anyone is willing to have a conversation regarding how they use it, what they like or dislike, what they would like to see removed or implemented or any such things, let me know. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have a great day.

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I have always had very little interest in exercising. I am a lady in my 50s and have been at least 2 stones overweight for the last 2 years . My husband uses a Fitbit and asked me if I’d like one too .To be honest I wasn’t the least bit interested but he bought me one anyway. I have to say I was amazed at the information it told me about myself .when I saw how many calories I burn in a day it immediately made me more aware of what I was eating and in only 12 days I have lost 10 lbs it has also made me more active walking to places before I would have nipped in the car . I’ve not excersised yet but amazingly I am thinking about it !

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scop2017I moved your post out of the problem support area and into the lifestyle discussion sleep board. 

I also suggest that an edit of your title to include what topic that you want to talk about would be helpful. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your answer. So from what you've described you're mainly using your fitbit for the fitness features, do you use the sleep features at all ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Scop2017I have always used my Fitbits to compare my average sleep HR to the daily RHR because Fitbit put emphasis on ensuring you sleep, Fitbit quote "For best accuracy, wear your device to sleep", from this link

I find Fitbit immediately calculates a new RHR a few minutes after I have woken and then occasionally during the day it will adjust that..  I average about 8 hours sleep for a 78 year person.  No naps during the day...  Here is the result of the last 30 days.

sleep v RHR 10dec17.jpg

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your answer. Have you ever changed your sleep schedule because of what your fitbit indicated ? For instance going to bed early or staying up a little late because of the sleep time recorded ?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Having read the information about getting regular sleep I have set a regular time on my Fitbit to go to bed and get up in the morning and have found after a few days of going to bed around the same time I am getting to sleep quicker and I am waking up naturally before the alarm

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you feel like you wouldn't have made the same effort if it wasn't for your fitbit ? Would an alarm clock and a regular schedule have the same effect, or are the features of your fitbit making a difference ?

Best Answer
0 Votes