Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

back to sleep patterns? - charge 2

Hi, when I was using my fitbit charge 2 to track my sleep I got results in a sleep pattern (awake, restless, asleep). about a week ago, my girlfriend wore my fitbit, and it recorded her sleep at stages (awake, rem, light, deep).

Strangely, when I wore it again yesterday during the night myself, it recorded it as a sleep pattern again...

Why is this happening? Any ideas how I can get it track my sleep in stages?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

My guess is that your girlfriend wears the fitbit a little tighter than you.

Fitbit suggest there are a few reasons it can go back to the old style of reporting:

"WHY DON'T I SEE SLEEP STAGES TODAY?

There are a few scenarios where you might see your sleep pattern (which shows your time asleep, restless, and awake) instead of sleep stages:

• If you slept in a position that prevented your tracker from getting a consistent heart-rate reading or wore it too loosely. For best results, wear your tracker higher on your wrist (about 2-3 finger widths above your wrist bone). The band should feel secure but not too tight.
  • If you used the Begin Sleep Now option in the Fitbit app (instead of simply wearing your tracker to bed). For more information on automatic sleep tracking, see How do I track my sleep?
  • If you slept for less than 3 hours.
  • If your tracker’s battery is critically low."

taken from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2163/

Best Answer

Thank's SteveH! I will try this and update this thread 

Best Answer
0 Votes