Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how many other people have sleep this bad? do you recon its accurate? did y

sleep.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

When finding being rested out in the morning.

Check if sleep tracking is set to 'sensitive', if it's set to sensitive, change it to 'normal':

Go to: URL: Click to go to the tracker settings

* There's no save button but the setting will be saved. After the next sync, the new mode will be used.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Whoa! That's not good. I don't think I've had more than 20 times restless, with once or twice awake (and more often than not, it's a call of nature in the middle of the night). 

I think what might help me is I often do a bit of light yoga at night.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Woah! I thought I was bad as I usually have about 4 or 5, but that's a lot. Do you think perhaps you need to check in with a doctor?
Best Answer
0 Votes

As people have said before, lower the sensitivity of your tracker for your sleep settings. I highly doubt that you were actually restless for nearly 5 hours of your sleep. Unless you wake up tired more than usual (if you even are tired when you wake up) then you are probably getting better rest than what your tracker says.

Yours Truly,Geoffrey
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, mine are pretty bad, too. I get sleep, but not the way I'd like to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've slept worse than that.  For over a year, I would take 2-3 hours to fall asleep; wake up repeatedly and spend over an hour at a time lying awake; and, eventually, developed terminal insomnia around 4am-5am and would be permanently-awake.  I slept 2-3 hours each night at best, across a 10-hour span.

In Normal mode, the Fitbit thought I was getting 5.5-6.5 hours.  Eventually I noticed Sensitive mode was about right.  I'd started noting the times when I woke up and checking against both graphs to see which most-accurately reflected when I was asleep and awake, and selecting Normal or Sensitive tracker each morning based on that.

Research papers discussing sleep actigraphy have noted that it detects sleep time accurately if less-sensitive to minor movements when sleeping well, and more-sensitive to minor movements when sleeping poorly; invert the conditions and you get bad data.  This is known among sleep disorder researchers to apply to the Fitbit, although apparently Fitbit's staff doesn't know this.

So yeah.  If your graphs are accurate, you need to see a doctor about insomnia.

Best Answer
0 Votes