Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

power nap

Someone suggested adding a power nap function to Charge 3, which I think is a great idea.  Since Fitbit is tracking sleep anyway, it should allow users to turn on tracking a nap when they are ready to take a nap and wake up within 30 minutes of actual initiation of the nap (before hitting the deep cycle and getting groggy upon waking or affecting later sleep).  And one thing I never understand is why it takes 1-2 hours of sleep for Fitbit to log the sleep, while shorter sleep should be traceable with the position, heart beat, light exposure, etc.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

I find I can track naps by using the 'begin sleep now' and end sleep buttons, and set the time on my Versa for 30 minutes.  But remember begin and end sleep are not recommended for overnight sleep if you want to get sleep stages.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
No that’s not it. What I am requesting is for Fitbit to wake me up, using vibration, within 30 min of nap initiation (some times it may take some time to actually fall asleep after I indicate the start of a nap). That would really help people take just the right amount of nap and wake up before disrupting circadian rhythm.

As for tracking/logging night sleep of shorter durations, I do not care what’s recommended or not. Many people unfortunately have somewhat fragmented sleep, which should be tracked in totality.
Best Answer

I realize this won't satisfy you, but for what I said, my Versa timer does wake me up in 30 minutes by vibration at end of timer interval.

And I know this will not satisfy you either, but I suspect part of the issue is false-positives vs. false-negatives.  In order to get 15 minutes of sleep recognized, is one willing to put up with 15 minutes of meditation or quite TV watching also getting incorrectly recognized as sleep.  I don't know the answer.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am asking Fitbit (not other users who do not need more flexibility). Since they have a lot of users, many of whom may need some flexibility to capture variations in their sleep or activities or HR. If enough people could use the info on summing up fragmented sleep or short nap, Fitbit should offer an option (e.g., experimental algorithm for immediate daily input that people can turn on/off, if difficult to implement long-term tracking for website or averages, etc.). If everyone falls nicely in the profile that provides optimal true-positive/true-negative (SE, SP) for the general population, Fitbit would not be able to sell such a large number of users. Many people use monitors that would help tracking their variations.
Best Answer

I would recommend posting the idea to this forum, which Fitbit monitors for new ideas.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes