Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

surprise benefit of sleep tracker

I can track everyone else at night too!

My husband worked a night shift, fitbit tells me he got in at 11.27pm.

I remember waking up when the dog jumped on my knee, fitbit shows me it was 3:20 am.

It seemed like my dog was pacing around in the morning waiting for me to get up for hours, fitbit tells me it was more like 5:10-5:40am.

background: I'm a really heavy sleeper and don't move or wake up unless there's a disturbance.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5
Funny! I just got a new puppy about two weeks ago and for the first 10 days there would be a 15 minute break in my sleep pattern that progressively got closer to my normal wake up time -- she seems to be getting better at holding it 🙂

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I can imagine it would be interesting to a new parent to see how much (or little) sleep they are getting month on month... though partners may now have evidence to say, hey I'm getting up twice as much as you! 🙂

Best Answer

This is so trueeee!!! Love the post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This reminds me of my weekly poker nights at friends houses. Usually if my luck was good I would leave on time and try to get into bed without waking the wife. She always knew to the minute what time i snuck in. I tried everything to be quiet(removing shoes on stairs, even oiling door hinges)but nothing worked except if my luck was bad, I usually stayed a little later and drank a little more but I forgot to be quiet, stumbling up the stairs, sitting on the dog who would always yelp, and rolling into wife. The next morning she always had to ask me when I got in because she didn't hear me!!!  Fitbit needed...lol

May the Force be with you. Han Solo
Best Answer

Great post.

A while back, my daughter came in at 3am. She works until 10pm and I usually wake up at 11:00 when she gets home. When I asked where she was until 3am, she responded, 'it was more like midnight dad.' Out comes the sleep cycle. At which she responded, 'nerd, who keeps track of that stuff.'

Best Answer