Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is a good %age of restoration sleep that should be below sleeping heart rate?

ANSWERED

I typically have a 80% or above restorative sleep if I don't drink any alcohol drinks. Last night was 81% below my sleeping heart and my sleeping heart rate was 60bpm and my RHR was 64 bpm. I want to know what percentage of heart rate during sleep to be below the sleeping heart rate for a good restorative sleep? Also does this change with age coz I am 58 years old and want to relate this to my age,

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SSundar   I don't think Fitbit looks at that to calculate your Restoration score.  The way I read it, it only looks at the percentage of time it was below your RHR.  Fitbit uses age related data for your breakdown of your deep, REM, and light sleep.  There is benchmark data for that.  I don't think the data you are seeking exists.  Other factors, like room temperature, can affect your sleeping heart rate.

Most sleep experts recommend avoiding alcohol if you want better sleep.  How does alcohol affect sleep? It's worse than you think 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@SSundar   I don't think Fitbit looks at that to calculate your Restoration score.  The way I read it, it only looks at the percentage of time it was below your RHR.  Fitbit uses age related data for your breakdown of your deep, REM, and light sleep.  There is benchmark data for that.  I don't think the data you are seeking exists.  Other factors, like room temperature, can affect your sleeping heart rate.

Most sleep experts recommend avoiding alcohol if you want better sleep.  How does alcohol affect sleep? It's worse than you think 

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer