Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic Display Stuck in Logo Screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

_20180717_215410.JPG

Factory reset applied as per support request. Stuck in a loop as shown above the last hour. @fitbitsupport how far do I have to go to prove the problem is with the FITBIT ? 

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Simply holding in the tree buttons will not do a factory reset .

The easiest way to factory reset the ionic is through its settings app. .

Swiping to settings/About/FactoryReset shuts my Ionics down and sends the user to fitbit.com/setup dialog, 

To do the 3 button method

reset by holding all three buttons until screen blanks (not just the flash, continue to hold through the flash to BLANK screen)

Now hold all three again and the fitbit logo comes up. Let go and wait for a vibrate confirmation and log clear.

Please remember a factory reset will clear any step count that has not synced and require the tracker be setup as if it was recently purchased. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

What is wrong whit my watch when the Fitbit Sign is on the front of my watch all the time . 

Best Answer

ImI'not sure if Fitbit users will be able to say. 

To me it looks like there is a bad screen. 

Have you made sure that the battery is charged? 

Best Answer

Hi - thanks for the reply. Actually that is just a reflection.

Last night the battery died - I hoped maybe that it would stop the continual reset going on.

This morning I charged the Ionic back up. It came on with a the logo (as shown in the above photo) but now has only a black screen. No button presses wake up the screen.

@Fitbitsupport ?

Best Answer

Have you reset completely? I can't see any other replies, but had a similar issue. I reset by holding single button on left and lower button on the right until the logo came back up and it started working again. Sorry if I'm covering old ground.

Scott

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ScottWyatt- thanks for the reply.

Yes - I followed supports advice to do a factory reset (this is holding all three buttons down - then release the bottom right after a second logo flash).

After the factory reset it remains with the logo. After the battery died - I recharged - and it remains with the logo.

I have tried both resets again. That now does nothing.

Best Answer

Simply holding in the tree buttons will not do a factory reset .

The easiest way to factory reset the ionic is through its settings app. .

Swiping to settings/About/FactoryReset shuts my Ionics down and sends the user to fitbit.com/setup dialog, 

To do the 3 button method

reset by holding all three buttons until screen blanks (not just the flash, continue to hold through the flash to BLANK screen)

Now hold all three again and the fitbit logo comes up. Let go and wait for a vibrate confirmation and log clear.

Please remember a factory reset will clear any step count that has not synced and require the tracker be setup as if it was recently purchased. 

Best Answer

@Souldeep I hope you're doing well! Thanks for trying all of the steps provided by customer support in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and contacted you via PM. Please keep an eye on your Community inbox for next steps.

@Rich_Laue @ScottWyatt Thanks for your awesome help on this thread!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue thanks for the reply. Yes I performed the factory reset as per instructions.

Last night I tried a support number that I found elsewhere on this forum. It's the setting up the Fitbit part that fails. They concluded that the Bluetooth on the Fitbit has failed. It was escalated. No emails recieved when I awoke this morning. Perhaps support finds themselves overwhelmed.

@SantiFitbit thank you for the PM. You seem to have access to the call info. I thought you were just a helpful community member. Do you work for Fitbit?

I've not yet received an email reply from yesterdays phone support escalation. Do you know if they are able to send a replacement next week? 

Moderator Edit: Added info on next post

Best Answer

@Souldeep Thanks for your reply! I am a moderator at the Fitbit Community and try to help the Community members to get an easier way to contact customer support, I am not an intermediate though. If you need specific information about calls you will need to contact customer support as they don't provide me with too many details. It's just to help you get an easier communication and help out. 

I contacted you via PM, please check your Community inbox. You may contact me back via PM too.

Thanks for your patience.

Keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

Hello! Please help!  I woke with the logo stuck on my phone.  It will not power off; it will not re-set.  I've held down all three buttons, it goes black, i let go of the bottom right button, logo comes back.  I've unpaired it. I've deleted it from the app on my phone.  It will not fine it to re-pair with it.  

Thank you.

Best Answer

@MuffinTumble Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the situation you are experiencing with your Ionic display stuck on the Fitbit logo. Thanks for trying those steps in order to sort this out.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support for you to get further assistance with this. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

My fitbit Ionic showed over 16 millions steps this morning.  I tried rebooting it, then tried resetting it using the steps above.  It shows nothing but the fitbit logo on the screen.

Best Answer

Last week my ionic too showed 16 million steps and today after charging, is stuck in logo face. Tried powering down multiple times (pressing left and bottom buttons) and that didn't work. I tried factory resetting (holding all 3 buttons down etc) and that didn't help either, Still stuck with this blinking logo. Please help!

Best Answer

It was a long, long process, but I finally got mine back.  I tried the factory reset multiple times, but it would either only get to the fitbit logo or it would have a big red X with something about "unable to sync".  So I deleted the fitbit from my account using my phone app.  When I tried adding a new device in the phone app, it found the fitbit ionic, it asked for wifi setup which worked, then it wanted to do a firmware upgrade.  This all looked good so it let it do the firmware upgrade.  It seemed to succeed, but when it was done, it just rebooted to the fitbit logo or to the red X again.  I think I did this whole process 3 times (deleting it from the app and setting it up as a new device).  Then on the 4th time, it wouldn't connect to wifi for some reason.  I went ahead and did the firmware upgrade via bluetooth.  Again it seemed to work, and this time it was actually linked to my app.  However, it would not sync fully.  It would sync steps and heartbeat but wouldn't sync any app data and the time was wrong.  So I deleted it again from the app and set it up one more time.  This time it connected to wifi, it did not ask to do a firmware upgrade, and everything worked!  It only took me a couple days.. 🙂

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, every time i try to do factory reset it only ends up in blinking logo and doesn't proceed any further...

Best Answer

Yes exactly.  You have to go to the fitbit app on your phone and delete the device.  Then add it again.

Best Answer

@EverGrine once you have done a factory reset your tracker is as if you just bought it. As @pro450 mentions the tracker will need to be setup before it will be usable.

Best Answer

Hi Rich_Laue,

My Fitbit Iconic has the same issue it stuck in fitbit Logo.

I am still not able to reset the three button method...still showing the same fitbit logo all the time!!!

Please suggest the way forward!!!

Best Answer

@ajaybh28 does this logo also have the http;//www.fitbit.com/setup message? If so you will need to setup the tracker?

Best Answer