Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a specific activity (sport) to my exercise shortcuts?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was curious if anyone out there has been able to add a different sport shortcut that is not offered in the Dashboard?

I am an avid downhill skier (3+ times/wk) and it would be nice to know that the tracker is accurately keeping my exercise info. 

Thank you in advanced.

Best Answer
0 Votes
10 REPLIES 10

@flyerave Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That's a really nice and extreme activity/sport! Love that one. I was checking in the dashboard and was able to find "skiing" as one of the listed activities. That may work for you. If not, you can always create a custom activity to log it on your dashboard. I left a picture below showing how it looks on the dashboard.

skiing.png

Also, make sure to check the Smartrack FAQs article. Smartrack will recognize two general categories for activities: sport and aerobic workout. Downfall skiing may be recognized as a high-movement sport and therefore be tracked by your Surge.

Try that out and let me know how it works! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm wanting to add netball through the app but I have not been able to find anything when I search it only allows me to pick from what is already there...
Best Answer

@gafli1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Netball is currently not available on the app or online dashboard. Your Surge should track that activity automatically via SmartTrack and it should log it as "sports" with accurate data. Other thing you can do is creating a custom activity as the picture above

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Very Happy

Best Answer

I have tried to add paddleboarding as an activity. It shows up on the computer dashboard - but not on the compatabile fitbit Windows phone app.  99.9% of my entries are with my phone.

How can I add Paddleboarding to where it shows up on the fitbit phone app?

Best Answer

@LovesWater Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I was searching for paddleboard on the activities on the dashboard (both app and online) and wasn't able to find that one. You can suggest having that activity added in the nearest future on the Feature Request Board

I was able to find kayaking. I know it is not the same, but it is similar in a way. You can use that for the moment or you can create a custom activity on the online dashboard for paddleboardt. I left a picture below showing how that looks!

custom.png

Hope this helps. Let me know if you do the feature suggestion so I can vote for it! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Is this for your FITBIT BLAZE? Also, I was wondering if I could add VOLLEYBALL onto my FITBIT BLAZE. Please respond soon! Smiley Happy 

@flyerave wrote:

I was curious if anyone out there has been able to add a different sport shortcut that is not offered in the Dashboard?

I am an avid downhill skier (3+ times/wk) and it would be nice to know that the tracker is accurately keeping my exercise info. 

Thank you in advanced.

Best Answer

@macigail Thanks for joining the Fitbit family! Yes, you can manually log the activities if you have a Fitbit Blaze as well. 

Currently, there is no option to add a shortcut for volleyball. The best option is to manually log it. You will have the option for volleyball and water volleyball. You can even input the amount of calories you have burned manually. How to know that? Try using a calorie calculator. It is a great and fun way to know that kind of data. You can do this on the app or online dashboard. On the online dashboard it looks like this:

volley.PNG

If you want to suggest the volleyball shortcut option, please post it on the Feature Suggestions Board for users to vote for the idea.

Hope this helps. See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

How do I get to the Add/Log activities screen?

Best Answer

@LoriSurge Welcome to the Fitbit family! To get to that screen on the Fitbit app for iOS devices and log activities; please check this post. You will find the instructions on how to do that and you will be able to successfully log your activities manually.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

It's great that I can manually add other activities, but if I want to accurately track HR/calories, am I better off selecting a generic workout on my watch? Then are you suggesting I re-categorise it afterwards in the app to the correct activity? Is this possible? I have found when rowing, it doesn't automatically pick up that I am working out, so I don't get the same level of HR data as I would if using the workout function on the watch.

Best Answer