Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After less than one year my fitbit surge is going to die (and it has been already replaced once because of wrist band). Thus recapping.
August 2017 I bought the surge,

December 2018 fitbit replaced my surge as the wrist band started to bubble

June 2018 the battery of my fitbit is almost died (I have to charge it once a day).

Any hint to solve this new problem?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

It's great to see your participation in the forums @RoccoMarco!

Thanks for your feedback. I've open a case for you, our team will be contacting you via email shortly. Thanks for confirming, anything that you need let me know. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Thank you for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Thanks,
I will look forward for the support. Right now I have decided to buy a new fitbit to continue my training. I hope there will be a way to save my Surge anyway

Best Answer

Hi Rocco.  Are you using GPS Tracking. I noticed in the setup details that the battery lasts only 5 hours when using the GPS Tracking feature?

Best Answer

Mines is the same! I have to charge mines twice a day! Thought with the price, it would last longer.

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @RoccoMarcoHope you will have an excellent time here @AliCas and @PasqualeDominic. Welcome aboard!

Your have a good point there @PasqualeDominic, if you aren’t tracking runs or exercises that use GPS, your fully charged Fitbit Surge should last  around 7 days (results may vary depending on other features like music control, HR, etc.) A fully charged Surge can track around 10 hours of activities that use GPS. Because battery life is affected by use and other settings.

Between the good charging and cleaning practices, you can try to clean the contacts of your tracker regularly as these contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Also, use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

You can try to restart your Surge if you notice it is not working fine. And check these tips to improve the battery life of your Surge. How are you changing your Surge? We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker.

If you need extra help I'll be around. Hope this helps! Cat Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I have already done all these stuff. The battery life has reduced gradually in the past months until now. I am quite sure that the problem here is that battery is damaged or similar. Maybe this is due to some special stress condition or defective unit (some tests are required to ensure that). What I am sure is that this is not a recoverable damage. I have already bought a new Ionic and now I am experiencing syncing error with that one but this is another story. The point here is that I am very... crestfallen

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply @RoccoMarco, our team has sent you an email so you can get more details about your Surge, feel free to ask them any information that you might need regarding your Surge. About your Ionic, have you tried these steps already?

Keep me posted. 

Best Answer

I am very disappointed that my surge is also not holding a charge. My guess it will eventually stop working. I have worked hard to achieve my goals and now I am concerned that my effort will not be rewarded if I purchase a new fitbit. surge.  Do your lifetime miles count with another fitbit surge?

You can purchase batteries for the fitbit surge and there are videos demonstrating how to change the battery.  Why doesn’t fitbit offer to replace the batteries or is it too costly? I don’t like the idea of having a fitbit that works great except for the battery.

Best Answer

Hi @charleswombat! Please receive a warm welcome to the Fitbit Family! It's great to see you participating in our Community! Smiley Happy

Sorry about what happened to your old Surge, I know that it is very difficult to achieve goals when you're trying to improve your daily or weekly stats, as you need all the help that you can. Let me give you a hand with your inquiries.

First of all, feel free to follow these steps to set up your new Fitbit as a replacement, and don't worry since all your previous data from the last synchronization of your old Surge will be there; including your lifetime miles as this information remains in your Fitbit account. 

Fitbit Surge doesn't have exchangeable batteries, since it comes equipped with a rechargeable lithium-polymer battery. You will find more details about it in this article: How do I charge my Fitbit device. You can follow some tips to improve the battery life of your Surge here as well. I hope you enjoy your workouts with your new Fitbit.

Please let me know if you have any other doubt. 

Best Answer