Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternatives to wrist wearing?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all,

I would like to know is there any other alternative to using ANY fitbit not just the surge, other than wearing it on my wirst? I'm really looking into buying a fitbit that can track calories burned, sleeping habits, etc. I workout almost everyday, my issue though is that at work I cannot wear any type of jewellary so this is a problem for me. And I do not want to buy a cheaper model of a fitbit.

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @MJP91! Thanks for getting back. Actually, you do have the option to use both connected in your Fitbit Account. You will be able to use MobileTrack in the morning and then connect your Fitbit tracker in the afternoon. Remember that you have to check first if your phone is compatible to use MobileTrack. And once both are connected you will have to be careful when you're syncing your data to avoid overlapping/loosing information. You can see more information in this article about having more than one tracker in one Account, since the rules applies for MobileTrack too.

You can use also a clip Fitbit in the morning and a wrist Fitbit in the afternoon too!

Let me know if you have more questions! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
29 REPLIES 29

Halo @MJP91 thanks for stopping by! That's actually a very good question. If you don't have the option to use a wristband, I would consider using a clip Fitbit. Since you want to track your sleep I think that a good option could be the Fitbit One! It might be the one for you. Woman Very Happy

Why don't you check if your phone is compatible to have MobileTrack. This feature lets you use the Fitbit app without a Fitbit tracker by using your phone's sensors to track basic activity data including steps, distance, and calories burned. MobileTrack does not monitor floors, sleep, or active minutes. In addition to activity tracking, you also have access to other app features such as: 

• Food tracking
  • Weight tracking
  • Setting fitness goals
  • Adding friends
  • Friends leaderboard
  • Cheering, taunting, and messaging friends

It doesn't have the option to track sleep, but you can give it a try! You can read more about it in this Fitbit article. Take a moment and check compatibility of your phone in the list of supported devices. 

I'll be around in case you have questions about it. Cat Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

is it possible i can use the app to track stuff on my phone when at work. then swap on whichever fitbit i buy when not at work? im sure they both wont be in sync etc but i can still use both?

Best Answer

Hi @MJP91! Thanks for getting back. Actually, you do have the option to use both connected in your Fitbit Account. You will be able to use MobileTrack in the morning and then connect your Fitbit tracker in the afternoon. Remember that you have to check first if your phone is compatible to use MobileTrack. And once both are connected you will have to be careful when you're syncing your data to avoid overlapping/loosing information. You can see more information in this article about having more than one tracker in one Account, since the rules applies for MobileTrack too.

You can use also a clip Fitbit in the morning and a wrist Fitbit in the afternoon too!

Let me know if you have more questions! Woman Very Happy

Best Answer

But you don't seem to be making the fit bit one anymore. I'm worried that mine may be dying after 3 years and want something that does at least as much as the fitbit one and can sit in my pocket.

I don't want something on my wrist in the first place but also wouldn't like it not working if my arms aren't moving.

Best Answer

It's my pleasure to extend a cheerful welcome to this thread @EHMcA! Hope you're enjoying the Forums! Heart

I understand where you coming from since you're right we don't have Fitbit One in stuck anymore, but you can check the suggestion and tips in this thread: One Availability and Alternatives. Our good friend is @SantiR always sharing information regarding this topic.

Have a good one and let me know if you have questions about it.

Best Answer

I currently have a Fitbit one, and like it because I don't have to wear it one my wrist. Because of my job I can't wear anything on my wrists, and I can't carry a cell phone with me while at work. Are the any other fitbit that don't require a wrist band? 

Best Answer

Hi, @Ctexasgal, currently the only specifically non wrist Fitbit tracker is the Zip.  You can also slip any of the wrist trackers in your pocket, and there are some 3rd party clips designed for some of the wrist trackers.  The Fitbit Flex 2 also can be worn as a necklace, if that is acceptable at work.

Wearing a wrist tracker in your pocket will still count your steps.  It may not be quite as accurate as it would be when wearing it on the wrist, but it should work reasonably well.

You can also switch between trackers -- wearing your One while you are at work and a wrist tracker at other times.

I hope this helps.  Welcome to the forums!

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
I understand that, and thank you for your reply. I am hoping that fitbit will offer something similar to the One soon. The zoom is a little more basic than I want,  and the flex just doesn't appeal to me, with its flashing lights, but limited info display. And, having two fitbits seems a little excessive. I don't think I am asking much, I just want a product that does what my current one does. I guess when my fitbit one dies I will look and see what is available. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

How you doing @Ctexasgal? Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here! Thanks for your help @Julia_G.

Thanks a million for your feedback! It'd be great to have another clip option again, that's why I would like to encourage you to vote and post your comments in this request that was already suggested here: New updated clip on tracker. Members of the Community can place new ideas in this board so they can be implemented in a future update, this is the best way to make your voice heard.

Thanks for sharing!

Best Answer

I want to also add that I dislike using the phone for activity tracking because I do not like to wear it in my pocket. I also do not like the wristband because in a business setting I prefer to wear a stylish watch, not a fitness watch. So what I have been doing was use a broken Alta that I wear in my pocket and I adjusted my steps to be counted properly. I will consider the fitbit Zip or clip on, that would work. The whole point is for the tracker to be discreet, and all models seem to demand presence on the wrist. It looks ridiculous to wear a luxury watch on one wrist and a sports tracker band on the other. Even the clip on fitbit is colorful and would be ridiculous to wear in dressy pants and shirt. There are other products out there that might do the trick but I really like the history I have with fitbit over the past years. I just don't understand why fitbit tries to turn a fitness tracker into a jewelry or an accessory that needs visibility, and determines the dress style. If I wanted a nice looking fitbit, there is the ionic with a nice metallic wristband but that can't compare to a luxury watch, so I am not sure why i would ever choose that. so that leaves me with the inability to track any activity for 8-10 hours per day when I am in a business setting. What I want: a discreet, really thin basic activity tracker that is worn on the inside of the pocket and leaves no clips, colorful plastic edges or other visible parts on the outside. I am thinking fitbit could design that or another company has done that or will do that, and I might be compelled to transfer over which I would hate.

Best Answer
I feel like the samsung watch looks great. you can also download a face that looks nice

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Best Answer

I, too, wear a nice watch and have no desire to wear a fitness track on my arm.  I have had Fitbit one for 3 years and have been 97% happy with it.  I can put it in my pocket, which I always do, and it keeps track of my steps very well.  Recent problems syncing have been an issue.  If Fitbit sees fit to resolve the issue that many are having, then I'll keep it.  If not, I will see if I can find another acceptable brand.  I do NOT want a Fitbit Zip.  Too basic.

The One has a wristband that can be worn to bed for sleep tracking.

Anyway, it'll be interesting to see if Fitbit is actually listening, and more importantly, if they provide a good solution.

Best Answer

Hi @MJP91 and @itzfun, thanks for stopping by and for sharing your comments!  Welcome to the Forums @ggospodiSmiley Happy

@ggospodi Don't miss the chance to vote and comment in this suggestion: New updated clip on tracker. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs

For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer

100% agree! The original Fitbit Ultra was a clip and I loved it. I was able to discretely clip it to my belt loop or bra strap. Not sure why they did away with it, and the only reason I got rid of my ultra is that it died! 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner nice to see you here. You have a really good point here. This is an old model and because we have had a lot of new model including the Fitbit Inspire with a clip and other options, we need to keep updating our technology to keep up with the new models of phones and computers. I understand why you love your Ultra, maybe we will have other models like this in the future.

Thanks for sharing this and I hope keep seeing around. 

Best Answer

Sorry but you're missing the point. If most watches have removable/interchangeable wristbands, and for example, the Versa that I currently have essentially has a charger it "clips" into, there should be an option for a clip accessory for the watch (and any watch that has a removable wristband). It has nothing to do with switching models. It has to do with FitBit recognizing this feature previously, and the fact that people like the models they currently have - they simply want an option to clip it to their clothing, wear it on a lanyard, etc. rather than wear it as a watch. 

Best Answer
I agree 100%. That would be a wonderful option!☺
Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner and @itzfun thanks for getting back. 

I really appreciate the time you've taken to give your opinion. You're right it'd be great to have that option for Fitbit Versa or other Fitbit devices, at this moment the only Fitbit that have this option is Fitbit Inspire. As mentioned before we have an special space for this type of comments since this enrich out community. Please consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board and let our team know more about your ideas and feedback.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

Best Answer
0 Votes

PLEASE bring back the One or another reasonably priced tracker that’s not intended to be worn on the wrist! I was an early Fitbit adopter, found the Zip didn’t meet my needs, and have purchased several Ones since its introduction. I really don’t want to wear a tracker on my wrist, and your workarounds for wearing the other models don’t seem to make sense.

EBay’s prices for the One have steadily increased with the current price of a used tracker the same as Fitbit’s previous  price of a new tracker. If Fitbit isn’t going to make a similar product, can anyone recommend another company that does? I noticed there are now some companies with lower priced Fitbit copycats and high ratings. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer