Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Band feedback Surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had one band break away from the screws on the back of the watchface after 13 months of wearing and then a second Surge band that pulled away from the face on the top and bottom of unit within 3 months of receipt.  This is very upsetting for the amount of money charged.  I wish Fitbit would stand behind their product.  Spending $250 on a tracker should provide a quality product that lasts far longer than 2.5 months.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

HI @TJThomson! Thanks a million for your feedback! I can see that you're new in the Forums, Welcome! Cat Happy

I appreciate your comment, after checking with our Support Team I noticed that you got a response from them. Please confirm if they already responded to your inquiries, since as you mentioned your Surge was already out of warranty. I'll be happy to check this information for you!

Have a good day! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes, as I stated, when I reported the initial Surge's band was cracking, first the representative said since my original surge was approximately a month out of warranty they could only offer 25% off a new item and free shipping. I explained this was not satisfactory since I had been a loyal Fitbit user, having used the Fitbit zip and then the Fitbit one for years, before receiving the surge as a Christmas gift from my husband for the Christmas of 2015. Then they spoke with a supervisor who allowed them to issue a replacement Surge, however, this "new second Surge" would only have a 30 day warranty. My faith had been restored in the customer service department of Fitbit.

Then, within 2.5 months of wearing my new surge (1.5 months out of the 30 day warranty) the band began to bubble away from the face of the Surge. When I reported this to the Customer Service dept., I was once again offered the same discount off any tracker of my choice, a replacement band, if the model has a replaceable band, and free shipping. I explained that after having used the top of the line product costing $250.00 there was no way I would spend another cent for a product from a company that continued to sell inferior products, and that wouldn't stand behind the items that so many have had issues with.

I knew that I couldn't be the only dissatisfied SURGE owner and by going on this site I was relieved and saddened that there are so many in the same predicament as I am. Relieved because I wasn't alone, saddened because we were all left with a very expensive tracker that we couldn't have repaired. To learn that this problem has been ongoing, and that the company is aware of this problem, still using inferior bands and not standing behind the loyal users, has made me lose my faith in the company as a whole.

I do, however, appreciate your taking the time out of your day to address my concerns.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer

Nice to see you here again @TJThomson, please check your PM inbox as I've sent you  a Private Message to follow up your case!

Keep up the good vibes! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes