Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

My first surge has eventually fallen apart.  At the start, I had issues with the strap so I got a replacement that I've only now just started to use.

The challenge I have is it seems to charge really quick and the battery drains really quick.

As this is a replacement I'm out of warranty so can nolonger go along this avenue.  I've also looked through the forums and made sure in settings to minimize battery use:

- bluetooth classic is off

- notifications are off

- back light is off

- I also made sure that it wasn't continuously trying to sync.

Any other suggestions I can try to make my battery hold its charge a little longer?

Anne

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

How long did it sit around? These batteries need to be charged and if not they lose the charring ability

There are tutorials out there to replace the battery yourself. Google it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@Drajh Can you please share a photo to better describe "falling apart"? I recognize you're saying the band, which is the most commonly broken item on a Surge is intact, are you saying the watch itself has circuitry sticking out and if so how are you holding the watch together?

You're saying the battery drains "really quick", is this minutes, hours or days? As you've already turned off all-day-sync, etc.. there's not much else to try, if you're getting at least a day out of it, it's "usable" in my opinion, although inconvenient, maintainable through daily chargings.

As @WendyB shared, these lithium batteries can be rendered useless if not actively being drained and recharged. There are YouTube videos explaining the replacement process.

Side note: save the metal clasp from your original, it's the weakest link on most aftermarket bands. I'm wearing a Surge now with an aftermarket band and an original clasp getting 3-days between charges. Some Amazon sold bands offer replacements, saving future headaches 🙂

Best Answer

Hi,

See photo below of old watch, the strap gradually snapped across the top, the functionality still works.

The replacement watch from the start would need charging every day, day, and a half.

Let me drain the battery again and see if that will enable me to get a better charge.

Thanks for the tip on the metal clasp from the original watch!

thumbnail_IMG_20200509_161201.jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Drajh,

Thanks for the picture. Fortunately, it's just the strap and not the watch itself. I've been through a few of the straps myself, the critical part is delicately transferring the small Bluetooth antenna underneath it when switching them out. I'd thought of one other minor thing you can try and that's disabling the automatic screen lighting up when you turn your wrist. Try this and the other settings and hopefully following a good charge you'll be able to enjoy the tracker more 🙂 YW on the clasp tip, it's not only come in handy for my aftermarket strap, but I'd also sourced a "band-only" replacement from eBay for only $3.74 shipped to have as a ready-to-use backup. I've also seen newer (and costlier) Surge bands that seem to hold the watch differently and are less likely to break in time but haven't tried them. Cheers!

Best Answer
0 Votes