Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bike activity doesn't show as "steps"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I started cycling 2 / 3 times a week averaging around 20km each week but steps don't reflect the distance.

For example, today (12 July 2017) I cycled 5.8km but steps only went up by 1300 whereas a 1.8km walk was 1,087!

Is this correct?

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Your tracker is looking for a distinct motions to consider it a step. I face the same challenge when ice skating. I will log 8000 steps in an hour, but only about 1.2 K per hour on the ice. The Surge does seem to see the hour as "active time" and records the activity but the steps are not accurate. I just think this is the way the device works. Emujo

Best Answer

How you doing @AndyAttwood? Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here! Thanks @Emujo that is a good piece of advice. Cat Happy

I'd recommend use the "Bike" option on your Surge as it uses GPS feature (Multi-Sport) to have a better idea of your millage while biking. In some cases your tracker will register a couple of steps while biking as it senses the bumps on the road, but it is not in all cases. Any way GPS data will give you the correct distance and the "Steps" information will be shown as NP (not applicable.)

Let me know if you need anything else! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes