Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Surge dying after workout

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Good Afternoon! I bought my FitBit Surge today. Went through Set Up and let battery charge fully as it was dead out of the package. Let charge for two hours until it said fully charged. Drove to a park, clicked "begin hike". Walked about 500 steps and looked down, watch was completely dead. 

There seems to be a lot of hubbub on here about battery life being an issue. Obviously, I bought this to use the features it seems to want me to turn off - but what is the point of having those features if it dies immediately?

Anyways, charging it back up again. After reading through these posts, I'm wondering if I should keep trying to see if I can get it to work, or just return it ASAP?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

I love the Surge and love how it looks, I like that it's chunky on my wrist. I also hike and love that I can look at a map generated by the Surge. I have worn the Surge for 3 years now and never had a problem with the battery. Do try again. 

Best Answer

Was the Surge new in a sealed package @pferragamo

Best Answer
Yes! Brand new, sealed in package. Never opened.
Best Answer

I would contact fitbit

Best Answer

Hi @pferragamo welcome to the Forums, hope you’re enjoying your time here! Thanks for jumping in @Rich_Laue and @dazednbruisedSmiley Happy

Thanks for the time you've taken to solve this battery issues. First of all, congrats on your new Fitbit Surge! Now, about the battery issues that you're having, why don't you try a couple of steps before contacting our support; since it looks like your Fitbit software is having some hard time. Please, restart your Surge and try one more time to connect it using these steps.

Hope this works for you!

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes