Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new Surge heart reate monitor stopped working.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried restarting my Surge and that did no good. When I bring up the BPM it is blank. If the heart monitor stops you get no sleep reports and no calories burned, this is not good. I just got this Surge the day before Valentines day.

Anyone able to help with this?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi there @DonaldBHope you are doing great and enjoying some healthy activities! Cat Very Happy

That's a pretty odd! Thanks for trying those steps already. Please try to restart it a couple of more times. Then go to the Settings on your Surge display to turn "Off" the Heart Rate and force sync it with your mobile device. Once it's done, change the HR into "Auto" and sync it again. The green lights should be flashing in the back and it should be able to pick up your HR.

Occasionally the tracker can have difficulty finding a signal, typically due to the tracker's fit. For example, wearing your band tightly may constrict blood flow in your wrist and affect the signal. We also recommend experimenting with how high you place the tracker on your wrist. When you're not exercising, wearing the tracker just above the wrist bone--as you would a watch--typically works fine.

However, moving the tracker up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently. Smiley Embarassed

I'll be around, let me know how this worked for you! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have been trying what you suggested off and on all day.
The heart rate will work after I do the restart and go right back off again.
I noticed this problem last week, it would work and then it would stop.
I am at my wits end with this Surge.
Do you know if Fitbit give refunds?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

How do I get a replacement, it has been about a week past my refund date, do I need to call Fitbit?

Best Answer

Hi @DonaldB! Nice to see you here again, thanks for trying all the steps to help your little buddy! Cat Happy

Sorry it took me a while to come back. I noticed that you already contacted Customer Support. I'm glad to see that they were able to help you out with that. I think that as you had already done all the steps to troubleshoot the issue, that helped them to determined the next step.

Feel free to come back at any time, in case that you have questions about your Fitbit; or you can just hand around, there is plenty information here and new ways to make friends. Please take a moment to visit our Discussions board where you will find other members sharing their experiences and tips. This is a really good way to stay motivated towards your goals.

In case that you haven't do so, check it out! You might be interested in these topics: Saturday Humor or What is the most interesting place that you have walked run?

Happy stepping! Smiley Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes