Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burned are incorrect

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Interesting thing happened to me this week. 

On Monday, I ran around 4 miles, total miles for the day was 5.69.  Total steps was 12,125, 10 floors and 75 active minutes.  CALORIE BURN WAS 2,007

On Thursday, I did not work out.  Total miles logged was 2.09.  Total steps was 5,193 steps, 12 floors, 15 active minutes.  CALORIE BURN WAS 2,161!!!!

On Friday, I ran 4 miles again.  Total miles logged as 4.91.  Total steps was 10,072, 3 floors, 76 active minutes.  CALORIE BURN AS 1,799.

Fitbit, please tell me how is it possible for me to lose more calories on a day that I don't work out as hard as other days?  I'm losing faith. 

Oh ... and I pretty much sync my Fitbit frequently. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

I am not sure if your issue is the same as mine is/was. But I tend to burn 1k cal's while at the gym. Then today I was there 2 hrs and only burned 600. What I noticed on mine was it looked like it was charging still and my BPM didn't seem to be working. When I got home I plugged mine back into the charge and remove it right afterwards. The charging disappeared but the BPM still didn't seem to work. I have to power cycle mine and everything seems to be okay at this point. But we will see tomorrow... I hope this helps in some way. If the it can't read your BPM or that is wrong then your reading will be wrong as that is how this device gets it figures. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had virtually the same thing happen several times over the last couple of months. Makes it difficult to trust the readings. 

Best Answer
0 Votes