Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calories burnt on Surge vs Charge HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello 

I own a Charge HR and my boyfriend owns a Surge. I changed all his settings including sex, weight etc to be the same as mine as an experiment. He never used his and its new. The only difference is I have the Surge set as dominant hand and the Charge on my non dominant hand. I wore them each on the appropriate hand when I worked out. I did 3 30 minute cardio workouts and the Surge shows double the calories burnt. Which is accurate. I am 5'5" 170lbs. My Charge HR says 224 calories burnt and the Surge says 450 calories both show a similar heart rate of 128-129 avg. 

Any insight would be great 

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @KarrieS19! Thanks for reaching us today, welcome to the Forums! That's a good experiment. Cat Happy

I'm glad you come here to seek for information about how they track calories. In theory, all trackers works in the same way, since all of them uses a pedometer that count your steps. Well, first of all is that for you to have the same information using only the pedometer you should be using both tracker on the same hand so you they can sense the same movements.

Have two different accounts was a great idea, since you changed your boyfriend's info to match with yours. But, Fitbit Charge HR and Surge has different feature and similar ones too. Charge HR has auto detection (SmartTrack) and Surge has the Multi-Sport too. That's why I'd like to have a little of more details in regards how they are tracking information. To do so, please go to a computer and access to the Fitbit.com Dashboard, click on "Log" then "Activities". Change the view to calories and check the record for the Activity History, it will give us a clue on how both tracked those calories. It will look like this:

calories and Ahistory.JPG

Please note that even you compare them trackers not always give exactly the same amount of steps which is the basic to get calories. If you can attach those screen shots it's would be great!

Have a good one! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes