Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer support - excellent but needs to give better discount options (i.e., on Ionic)

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I recently bought a Surge - used on ebay (shame on me!), and although it looked great it has multiple synch problems and after 10 days I called tech support. The Fitbit agent Joe G. was polite, very helpful, a good listener. PLUS he had access to the records of the watch and told me that there were multiple customer support tickets from the previous 2 owners and that the watch had a history of not synching. Great to know - thank you Fitbit. Plus he offered me a 25% discount on anything EXCEPT the fitbit IONIC which is what I want regrdless of how Fitbit chooses to label the IONIC as a new category. WHY? How about an offer of 25% on anything except the Ionic, and 15% off the Ionic? Then I would buy it - instead I may go to Garmin given the fact that Fitbit evidently may have some quality control problems with some products. Just a thought.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@wando57glad it's working for you, even if it's not 100%. Nice of the seller to return some of your money, too.

Let us know when you get your Ionic. I'm sure there will be sales coming up for the Christmas season.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hello and welcome to the forums @wando57

Considering you're the third owner of the Surge, the offer of 25% off a new Fitbit, with full warranty, is very generous. Why not use that discount ? I don't know of many companies that would give a discount to someone who purchased a used device and had problems. Is there a return policy on the eBay purchase? Sometimes you can return items in a certain period of time, if you check on it.

The Ionic is new and it is called a watch, while other styles were "fitness trackers", so that may be what Joe G. was telling you.

Let us know what you do.

Best Answer

Hi Odyssey. I contacted the eBay seller and he gave me 1/2 my money back. In the meantime I kinda got the surge to synch- although I am assuming I will continue to have difficulties. So I will wear this without the clock face (not working) and eventually buy an ionic especially if it goes on sale.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wando57glad it's working for you, even if it's not 100%. Nice of the seller to return some of your money, too.

Let us know when you get your Ionic. I'm sure there will be sales coming up for the Christmas season.

Best Answer