Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cycling Distance

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why doesn't my cycling distance register in my dashboard distance? It registers steps distance, running distance, hiking distance nut not cycling distance to my dashboard!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I have asked via requests that there be an option for cycling miles to show on the dashboard but so far that is not an option. For us that ride it would be a great option.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Distance is only added by steps, you are probably getting any steps that might register during your ride, but the ride itself only gets logged in your activities. I guess is prevents you from "cheating". Emujo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have asked via requests that there be an option for cycling miles to show on the dashboard but so far that is not an option. For us that ride it would be a great option.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For those of us that use the Fitbit for the competitive feature between friends and family, I think you should be able to see why adding the distance you biked to the dashboard is a bad idea. Currently the only thing that adds .001 miles is 2 steps. If you could add dashboard distances by riding a bike, what's to prevent you from turning the GPS on and driving 10 miles. I'm well aware that you can strap your fitbit to the dog and add steps that way, but still, I think it's the best way to keep everyone on a level playing field. If you need to track your distances while cycling, purchase a Garmin and use their recording app. You should not be rewarded with distance badges because you biked 100 miles which is a lot different than actually walking the same distance. Emujo

Best Answer
0 Votes