Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Damage to Surge screen on the inside after fog/ condensation

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Damage under crystal/screenDamage under crystal/screen

Please see above picture. This happened to the inside of the screen after condensation/ fogging. I dried out the Surge in a bowl of rice and all function returned including touchscreen swiping....except now there is this weird damage/pattern. This makes it very difficult to read the face at any time. The watch is out of warranty, i really enjoy this watch but I'm very upset that this happened to a $250.00 "sport tracker" as a result from condensation. Any help would be great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately your screen is broken check the forums for cracked screen. As your watch is out of warranty then the only thing fitbit will maybe offer is a discount Off a new watch. I would be looking at a different brand, I bought a Garmin vivoactive hr after several issues with my surge and I don't regret it. Good luck!

Best Answer

The exact same thing happened to my surge. In addition, it is not holding a charge for as long and it no longer monitors my sleep. The watch has not been exposed to unusual water conditions and have not been able to determine what started the fog problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine just did the same thing.

FitBit has an issue with many of their products. Nive technology on the social side but trackers are way too expensive to needlessly replace.

Now my Red light is on so it is hasta la vista soon unless I can figure it out.

Hello Garmin.

Brion

Best Answer

Same problem, except after the "fogging" incident, I've lost my ability to swipe the screen left or right.

Useless for a Tracker that is ostensibly able to track your swims!

Its never been anywhere near that amount of water!

Best Answer
0 Votes