Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Just got my surge today. Just created an account. Lots of data.

I would to clear it all

Please help.
Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Most the data you see ids your BMR

The calories burned are BMR calories. Your fitbit also calculates calories burned for your BMR. You burn calories just by being alive! Even Sleeping. Fitbit includes these burned calories in it's calorie calculations, so even if you did not wear the fitbit, you'll still burn these calories.

Read this

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/How-does-Fitbit-know-how-many-calories-I-ve-burne...

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes
This last comment doesn't even begin to answer my question.

I would like to clear ALL data from my Fitbit. Is there not a way to do a factory reset or something?

I guess returning it to the store and getting an iWatch could be an option.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The last comment does answer your question since it explains what the data is. The data is in your account on the Fitbit server, not in the Surge so even if you can factory reset the Surge it will have no effect on your account.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

This is not true, when I first turned on my "new" Surge, and sync'd it the first time, all of a sudden it said I had earned Badges several months before I bought it.   So someone else had it and used it and earned Badges and returned it to the store and even though I created a new account, it still pulled the previous owner's progress data into my account when it sync'd.   So obviously that was still STORED ON THE SURGE.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting the Blaze as well as all other Fitbit only have a 30 day memory.

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/When-does-my-tracker-reset-and-what-happens-to-th...

Best Answer
0 Votes