Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointed on Fitbit brand. There is no place to buy original strap for replacement

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My friend bought me a Fitbit Surge as gift and I was so excited as I owe such good brand of smart watch. But recently I found out that Fitbit doesnt keep the strap stock. Instead, advice me to buy strap from Lazada, Shopee which is OEM (not original) . I called authorized watch shop and the distributor , I got the same answer. Quite disappointed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Seriously? You're voicing your discontent that Fitbit is not stocking replacement parts for a watch they discontinued years ago? I can't even imagine the practicality of maintaining an inventory so vast for every tracker model accessory and color option. Instead, embrace the great news that Fitbit allows us to continue using these wonderful trackers and that there are several third-party vendors out there with many different varieties, colors, shapes, and sizes of bands to choose from. Cheers!

PS. You're also making assumptions saying there's no place to buy original straps for replacing. This is incorrect. The originals can be purchased, but Fitbit doesn't sell them, that's correct.

s-l1600 (79).jpg

Best Answer
0 Votes

Williger,thanks for your prompt feedback . There is correction here. I checked with Malaysia sole distributor of Fitbit and they told me that, instead of making assumption. May I know where can I buy the original strap? It sounds there is chance for me to buy original strap for my lovely watch .thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @CheeHong, you're welcome. Yes, I can share the resource for the original bands, I'll send it by private message. The company I'd ordered from is in Shenzhen, China. I'm in the states and they got my band shipped quickly and inexpensively ($10USD shipped, same as aftermarket bands). Personally, I've tried many good replacement bands and the original is the best. 

EDIT/UPDATE: I tried sending a private message but didn't see the option on your account. If you can click my name you should see a button "Send a message" and I'll send you the link there if still interested.

Best Answer
0 Votes

First your friend bought you a 5-6 year old tracker that was discontinued 4 years ago. 

Fitbit never sold a replacement band since they are glued on. 

Amazon still smells kits to replace the band. 

Best Answer
0 Votes