Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Request Success

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Just curious. Have any features requested for the Surge ever been implemented? Wondering how responsive fitbit has been to their customers and if I should bother with future requests if I decide to stick with fitbit for my next watch after the Surge.

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

A lot of the features that come with new trackers started with a feature request. They are not always doable with a current tracker's hardware, or cost effective, but they do get considered when developing new products.

Best Answer

@Sacto_Mike The short direct answer to "Have any features requested for the Surge ever been implemented?" is "No." Since it's been discontinued I'd wager none will be. However. The replaceable band requested for the Surge has been given to its replacement the Ionic. So maybe the answer is yes? The best way to decide for yourself is go to the Forum of the device you're interested in and study the threads. Good luck.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer

Okay so the Feature Requests are more for future products. Not shortcomings that are discovered in the product that you already purchased. I definitely won't be an early adopter the way I was with the Surge. I guess I'll either have to wait for a new Fitbit product with built-in GPS and wait some months to see if there are problems or go with another company.

Best Answer

@VF31AE3 That is not entirely true. You can see a list here of the various firmware updates and what features were added since the tracker first came out.

Best Answer

Thanks for sharing that information @SunsetRunner. @Sacto_Mike, we are very happy to have you as a part of our members in the Community! Smiley Happy

We're working really hard to improve our Feature Suggestions Board to provide you a better user experience regarding what you expect from Fitbit products. Our developers check what our users need as most of those ideas might be taken into consideration for next updates or launches. 

The more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains, so before posting your idea look for an existing idea so you can add your vote to that one instead. If not feel free to post your own request.

I know there will be lots of ideas, so please remember this tips:

• Be as specific as you can
  • Avoid restating specific product improvements that you want, focusing on ideas to improve the Feature Suggestions section only
  • Understand that not all ideas will be implemented but we will be as transparent with you as we can, the information will be posted in the comment section.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I stand corrected. I guess more people wanted "text notifications" removed after 24 hrs then wanted the faulty band corrected or a brighter display or larger characters. How many votes does it take to win a spot on the To Do list? Anyway I was wrong.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes