Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fit bit app won't connect to my surge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
I just got the new fit but surge and, every time I try connect it to my app, it says ( error 403 forbidden ) I have an Apple iPhone 6 . Can any one help with this issue , thanks
Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @davich4d! I hope you're doing great! 

Allow me to help, I recommend you try the following steps:  

• Reboot your phone
  • Restart your Surge
  • Log out from the app and then log back in
  • Reboot your Bluetooth 
  • Double check that your mobile network is working properly

Hope it helps, let me know how it goes :). 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer

I have the same problem.  I have an iphone 6 and all of a sudden the fitbit surge stopped syncing.  I tried everything and it still wont work.  It only syncs to my laptop via the wireless dongle but it will not sync to the mobile.  I even tried removing the surge and to "set up a device" and everytime it says "request failed: forbidden (403)"... can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

OK.  I had to remove the appp, reboot my phone, and then log into the app.  Funny thing is when I logged into the app it said that my time zone on my phone was not set to automatic and I should change that.  I did that and then tried to log in again and this time the app allowed me to log in and everything seems fine.  Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Interesting workaround @Cfarran19! Thank you so much for sharing this with us. This is the first time that I see something like this. I'll keep this post for any friend that experience the same (just in case) Smiley Wink Please keep an eye on your app's behavior and let us know any news you may have about this. Thanks for your help @MaginB

Catch you latter. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Your most welcome. Anything I can do to help. 🙂
Best Answer

Thanks @Cfarran19! Your help is always much appreciated here. I also want to encourage you to take a look at our Discussions board, there you'll find a lot of friends to share with. 

I hope you have fun! 

Fitbit Community ModeratorVivian | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Did this help you? Help others by marking it as a solution! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes