Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge - Is Fitbit Surge being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was told by a salesperson at Best Buy that the Surge was being discontinued and not ordered by them anymore. Is this true?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey, everyone!

We're always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Although it has been a very popular product for us, we will soon stop selling Fitbit Surge. 

As mentioned already in this thread, inventory on Surge sizes and colors is now limited. If you're looking for a new device, we recommend considering Ionic. You can learn more about the rest of the Fitbit family of products at our comparison page

Please note that we’ll continue to support Surge from a software standpoint, along with any questions you might have during your use of the product. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit devices you love and help you reach your goals.

Thanks for your cooperation and understanding. 

Want to get more steps? Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

This is the first I've heard of it. It's still on sale on the fitbit online store. Perhaps he meant that best buy have decided not to sell it any more rather than fitbit discontinuing it?

Best Answer

A warm welcome to the Fitbit Community @MP1322! Thanks for the clarification @SteveH. Also remember that any change on the Fitbit family will be released on the Fitbit.com official page. But I understand your concern and I really appreciate that you came here to confirm this information.

Have a lovely day! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Both Challenger and Best Buy have said they are no longer selling it. Not sure where else to get one from? Is it the only FitBit that has GPS tracking? 

Best Answer

It can be gotten on Amazon I just took delivery of the Orange Surge today and it is brand new, I have the large and just like the Fitbit store you can only get the XL in Black but Amazon has all three colors in stock and for a cheaper price than Fitbit. So I really doubt that it has been discontinued, as for BestBuy I would not buy anything from them.

Best Answer

I've been waiting for a replacement since January, if their warranty replacements have been out of stock that long I'd say they are finally pulling the plug on this lemon of a device. @Adlynmeg, yes, the only one with an integrated GPS ... but please check out the strap, condensation and button reliability issues before you buy, don't say you weren't warned if you only get a couple of months use out of it before it breaks.

Hopefully whatever they replace it with will have sorted these issues but the lack of response to recognising the strap design and materials aren't fit for purpose, I will wait and see before throwing money at Fitbit products again.

Best Answer

@Adlynmeg wrote:

Both Challenger and Best Buy have said they are no longer selling it. Not sure where else to get one from? Is it the only FitBit that has GPS tracking? 

Hi @Adlynmeg - Yes, Surge is the only Fitbit tracker with integrated GPS, however, some of the others allow you to connect to your phone's GPS to track your run/walk. Check the link below to see a comparison of features:

https://www.fitbit.com/compare

Best Answer

The Blaze has Bluetooth connectivity through your cell phone. If you do not carry your phone when you exercise I guess your out of luck

Best Answer

Hi @Adlynmeg@moe3754@dibby, @Ozzie65 and @bill328! It's great to have you here! Smiley Happy

I should agree with @moe3754, since it might be that some stores don't have the size or the color that you're looking for, but that doesn't mean it's been discontinued. You can check any of the retailers on the Fitbit.com page to see if they have it.

You can use the link that @Ozzie65 provided to see what is the best option for you. You might consider Fitbit Blaze or Charge 2, as they have connected GPS.

I'll be around in case you have more questions! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I got it replaced because my sweat was to heavy and it ceased to work. Second one the same thing happened. Still have it, but it no longer works. If they just fixed the moisture problem. It would be an incredible product. 

Best Answer

I've noticed you are new around @Suechoc, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Heart

Sorry about what happened with your replacement Surge. I really appreciate your feedback about the product. Please feel free to reply back to the last email you received from our Customer Support to see your warranty options. If you need me to request a new case for you, do not hesitate in letting me know.

I'll be around! Woman Happy

Best Answer

Unfortunately Amazon don't deliver to Singapore therefore unable to replace my Surge.

Can you confirm that the Surge has not been discontinued? My comment was the stores have told me that the Surge is no longer available and has been discontinued. Not the colour or the size, the model! 

If this is correct, will there be a new Fitbit with GPS (not via Bluetooth/Phone)? 

Thanks 

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Hi @Adlynmeg - The Surge is still available for purchase on fitbit.com and many other retailers.

Best Answer

Hi @Adlynmeg! Thanks for getting back. As @Ozzie65 mentioned, Fitbit Surge isn't been discontinued. Have you tried any other store from the list? In regards of your other question, we don't have any information about new trackers; please stay stunned and keep on eye on the Fitbit.com/news for more information on what's next.

I'll be around! Cat Happy

Best Answer

The LCD screen for the Surge is produced by Sharp Electronics and they have the part scheduled to be discontinued. This would most likely mean that the current version of the Surge will be also be discontinued. Fitbit is most likely selling through their remaining inventory before making any announcements. 

-Bill

Moderator edit: Removed personal information

Best Answer
Might ad well discontinue, not much support once out of warranty other than offering a discount on new device, even if nothing mote than broken strap
Best Answer

Not updated in a year and a half, despite known battery issue and missing reminders to move. My 2 1/2 year old iphone still gets the latest software. Arguable was discontinued @ launch. 

Best Answer

The Surge is 3 years old and as far as a fitness monitor it is ancient. Most devices go just 2 years before an updated version is released. The problem is that the Surge is very expensive and while a new version is released, the owners of the original version would like a $250-$300 purchase to last without major problems. Especially simple things, such as the watchband.

Best Answer

Surge has not had a software update in almost 2 years I believe. It is archaic by at this point. Considering the technology on it is 4 years old you would be foolish to buy one now at $249. They blow them out on sale and get them gone instead of milking their customers who need/want integrated gps for top dollar on a relic.

Best Answer

Hi guys, thanks a lot of keep adding your comments to this thread! Cat Happy

I'd like to clarify that Fitbit hasn't release any information about new models or about discontinuing existing trackers. To avoid any confusion or getting exited about early releases please confirm any information in our Fitbit.com official page

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer