Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge - Is Fitbit Surge being discontinued?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was told by a salesperson at Best Buy that the Surge was being discontinued and not ordered by them anymore. Is this true?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
116 REPLIES 116

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone! I wanted to clear up any confusion about this. We do not plan on discontinuing Surge anytime soon. It will remain available on Fitbit.com and if this changes, this thread will be updated with more information. 

@AlessFitbit- is that a US only position? I can't see the Surge for sale on the UK Fitbit store (or other European sites). This was confirmed earlier by @SolangeE

I have to say I'm personally disappointed that the new one looks more like a smart watch (Blaze replacement) than a sports tracker. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Higs456 wrote:

@AlessFitbit wrote:

Hey everyone! I wanted to clear up any confusion about this. We do not plan on discontinuing Surge anytime soon. It will remain available on Fitbit.com and if this changes, this thread will be updated with more information. 

@AlessFitbit- is that a US only position? I can't see the Surge for sale on the UK Fitbit store (or other European sites). This was confirmed earlier by @SolangeE

I have to say I'm personally disappointed that the new one looks more like a smart watch (Blaze replacement) than a sports tracker. 

By all accounts the new Ionic Smartwatch has all of the features of both the Surge and the Blaze plus numerous new features; as long as it has replaceable bands (which looks to be the case) and is waterproof, what's not to like?

Best Answer

@shipo If the battery is not replaceable, it's still a throw-away. Hopefully, hopefully, it has several "replaceable" parts. It'd be nice to have Inductive (wireless) charging as well!

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes
If you are asking about the Surge, they do not sell or replace
batteries. They do not sell bands for Surge, you have to go with third party

--
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Best Answer
0 Votes

@shipo wrote:

@Higs456 wrote:

@AlessFitbit wrote:

By all accounts the new Ionic Smartwatch has all of the features of both the Surge and the Blaze plus numerous new features; as long as it has replaceable bands (which looks to be the case) and is waterproof, what's not to like?

I guess the only thing not to like is that (as a 'smart watch') it appears to have a lot of features that I will never use

This will add cost and complexity..

I understand I'm not the target market for this. Hopefully my Surge will plod on until Fitbitt bring something out that's closer to my needs. 

One big thing for me is that I'm a bit of a watch nut (with a collection of manual/automatic watches) so I will never wear a smart watch on my left wrist except while actually running/cycling. Most of the time I wear a proper watch left and FB Charge right.

Don't get me wrong - the new one looks great but it's not for me.

Best Answer

@Higs456 wrote:

@shipo wrote:

@Higs456 wrote:

@AlessFitbit wrote:

I guess the only thing not to like is that (as a 'smart watch') it appears to have a lot of features that I will never use

This will add cost and complexity..

I understand I'm not the target market for this. Hopefully my Surge will plod on until Fitbitt bring something out that's closer to my needs. 

One big thing for me is that I'm a bit of a watch nut (with a collection of manual/automatic watches) so I will never wear a smart watch on my left wrist except while actually running/cycling. Most of the time I wear a proper watch left and FB Charge right.

Don't get me wrong - the new one looks great but it's not for me.

At this point there is no more plodding along for the Surge, by all accounts it has been out of production for some months now, and other than a few unsold units in retail chain (I've only seen some small units but there may be some other vendors with some left over stock), this is the end of the road.

Regarding the extra features of the new Ionic Smartwatch, from a hardware perspective, there really aren't too many extras (off the top of my head, replaceable bands, red LEDs for better HRM, and a full color display); the vast majority of those new features are all in the software.

Regarding mechanical watches, yeah, I have a few windie-uppie types and a lone automatic which I wear on a day-to-day basis.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've just been promised a replacement due the the strap being broken. I went on the live chat. I was asked to upload a photo as proof that the strap was really in a bad state. five minutes later, I was sent a link to fill out the replacement form. I can either have the surge replaced or get 50% on any other device. I've opted for the surge replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice deal, personally I'd opt for the new Ionic at a 50% discount.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep, me too.  Im waiting for the ifa news. 

The warranty link is 30 days valid so Fitbit should make up for this badly produced device and give that 50% reduce on ionic.

Otherwise no more fitbit for me in the future. I sure hope the ionic is still a good sportwatch.. i dont need/want the smartwatch stuff..

Best Answer
Wouldn't it make more business sense for a company to make replacement
parts than giving a new devise or 50% on new device, over a broken strap?

--
“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
Best Answer

It is relaesed! 😝

JuanJoFitbit_0-1635170999256.png

Unfortunately it is not possible to buy the Ionic with 50% offer. Pfff, that scks. 

Fitbit should do better than this for their Surge holders. I dont want a new surge that will brake within a year.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

I guess the Fitbit customers who where willing to pay for their top of the line device (at the time) are not the customers they want for the Ionic.

Best Answer

@Frenk wrote:

😤 Unfortunately it is not possible to buy the Ionic with 50% offer. Pfff, that scks. 

Oh that sucketh much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AlessFitbit wrote:

@AlessFitbit you posted that on Aug 26. The Ionic announcement post in the Ionic forum was created on August 2 even though the forum itself wasn't live yet. That means the moderators of the Surge forum were well aware when the Ionic would be released. The Surge no longer appears in the Product menu.

Where is the Surge.JPG

Do you still maintain that the Surge isn't being discontinued?

Best Answer

@SwampMonster... were you required to return your whole device to get the band replaced? If yes, can you tell me how long of timeframe that was for you, please? Both side of my band have cracked where it screws into the device and they have asked me to return it all. I don't want to live without it for too long! 😉

Best Answer

Hi

No didn’t have to return fitbit at all I sent photos and proof of purchase via email. then they sent out a new one as they said the strap couldn’t be replaced. A friend did have to send hers back but it only took about 7 to 10 days for them to send a replacement fitBit Surge out to her. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, they don't want the old one back. They just asked for proof of damage and sent me a link to fill out my details.
That was 2 days ago and I have just received a mail confirming that my replacement has been shipped.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

@trappa Meaning the Surge or the Ionic already?

Best Answer

On a similar note, I purchased a Blaze 8 months ago ($200) and the heart rate monitor already has stopped working. Fitbit has offered me two options: (1) 50% off a "tracker" or (2) free replacement of the Blaze.  I don't particularly want another Blaze, which was marketed as a "smart watch" if it's going to stop working in another 8 months and I don't want to downgrade to just a tracker.  Unfortunately, Fitbit declined my request to apply the 50% discount to the purchase of an Ionic.  This makes no sense to me.  Using their purchase prices, a 50% discount on the Ionic would cost them $150, but replacing the Blaze costs them $200.  You would think they would want to encourage customers to upgrade and to increase sales of new products.  This is my first experience with a Fitbit product and, unfortunately, it's not a good one.

Best Answer

Fitbit has offered me 50% on the Ionic. 

Because it can only be pre ordered i have to pay full prize now and after receiving it i have to contact them and they will refund the 50%. 

I will accept this offer, i have no other option, and hope they will keep their promise. 

Or i could wait to buy it but i have only 30days valid 50% offer. I am waiting these days if the ionic will appear in the store.

i have two emails with this promise of a refund. 

Best Answer