Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge No Bluetooth option on watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all

having major trouble trying to pair my charge to my IPhone 6. Gone through all the basics on the forum etc.

i noticed on my Surge watch the only option now is Bluetooth Classic. I’m pretty sure the normal Bluetooth setting on the watch was there but it has gone and no where to be seen. I think this is why I can’t pair the Surge to the IPhone anymore.

the other features on the watch work but can’t pair

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Bluetooth Classic is the only BT option that you will see on the tracker and it is used for controlling music with Android devices. Regular BT is always on so there is no need to show it. If you are saying that you do not see it connected via BT on your phone, that will only show if you have enabled notifications in the phone app. You do not connect it via the phone's BT settings, you connect it by enabling notifications.

Best Answer

I have had the tracker for about 2 years now and work fine up until this point. 

I have tried uninstalling the Fitbit app and set up New Device but can’t do that now. It’s like the Phone can’t see the tracker. Surge tracker don’t appear when search for BT on iPhone, just searches with no joy.

my fear is the tracker is faulty. The options for BT on the tracker is Pair and On and no Off. when I click pair on the tracker, the tracker reboots but don’t appear on IPhone.

Any ideas anybody?

Best Answer

Thanks for joining to the Forums my dear friend @GavinTaylor!  It's great to see your participation @SunsetRunner. I'll try my best to help you out with this! Smiley Wink

Thanks a million for the steps that you've tried. Sorry for the time I took to respond. Your little buddy is stuck on that option so, why don't you just let the battery to drain out completely! Then try to charge it and the try the restart a couple of times. Access to the Bluetooth settings of your mobile device to delete Fitbit Surge from there, including Bluetooth Classic. Reboot your Bluetooth once again and try to reconnect your Fitbit as a replacement device from the Fitbit App: 

iOS: Account > Set up a device > Choose the option replace

Android: Main Menu > Devices > Tap on the (+) sign in the upper right corner > Replace your tracker

PC: Open Fitbit Connect > Set up a new device > Existing user > Replace tracker

Once your Surge is syncing you can try to use the Music Control option; this should be able to switch from Off to On or Pair. Please keep me posted on any error that you might encounter!

I'll be around! Robot Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there. I have tried this solution but still can’t pair the Surge with the Fitbit app. Really confused.

i have let the battery drain. Not sure what else I can do

Best Answer
0 Votes