Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge Strap Question

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I bought Fitbit Surge in May 2016. For the last one month I am experiencing issues with the strap.

It has come out of the screws and developed a gap. Also there is a bubble formed near by the face joint. Sometime 

Has anyone experienced this ?

I expect this product should last longer as I use this expensive product very carefully.

Can a replacement strap be provided?

Moderator edit: Clarified subject.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

The strap isn't designed to be replaced on the Surge as the electronics are built into it. However, as you will still be within warranty you could contact customer support to see if they will replace the Surge for you:

contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

@SteveH  you said "The strap isn't designed to be replaced on the Surge as the electronics are built into it."

Why do people keep on saying this? There are no electronics built into the Fitbit strap! None whatsoever. I've taken one apart so I know this first hand.

The strap is replaceable many many people have already done so already.  That FitBit refuse to sell the replacements themselves is another matter entirely.

@varunmittal  In your case the strap should be covered by your warranty so you'll likely be offered a replacement Surge or 25%, (sometimes it's 30%), off a different model.  However, if you choose a direct replacement Surge it seems likely that the same thing will happen in due course, and your warranty runs from the date of your original purchase - not the date you get your replacement surge.

For future reference, replacement Surge straps are available from AliExpress for around $20.

Best Answer

@Griswold you are, of course, quite correct. Although some people would not be comfortable with the replacement process you refer to many will be and for those out of warranty it's worth trying.

I will try to remember to use the phrase "the strap is not designed to be easily replaced", will not refer to the electronics and where I feel appropriate will mention the option of the 3rd party replacement.

Best Answer

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @varunmittal, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Thanks of jumping in @SteveH and @Griswold Cat Happy

Your question got my attention, so I took the time to check with our Customer Support group. As you already contacted them, please wait for their response and I'm sure they will glad to help you out with this.

I'll be around if you need anything else. Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I find it amusing @varunmittal  that you asked "Has anyone experienced this ?" and "Can a replacement strap be provided?". Most of the threads in this forum are about exactly that. Have a read on some of the active threads and see for yourself the experiences of other Surge owners.

Best Answer
0 Votes