Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge band bubbling

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hey guys I bought I fitbit just over a year ago and for the most its been a decent little tracker however lately it has started to bubble and come away towards the top of the screen like the glue that holds the strap has perished or something.

Also the top right button doesn't depress no more i have to push it very hard to get it to register the action.

I dont have a receipt anymore but I have seen topics with same issues and wondering whats best approach 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
28 REPLIES 28

My Surge band looked like this as well.  However, since it was out of warranty, I relied on my own resolution. (I find FitBit customer service to be very satisfactory when still under the warranty!)

I initially used drops of super glue to re-attach the original band which worked ok. Since then, I came to realize that although FitBit doesn't consider the Surge to have replaceable bands, there are many vendors of inexpensive replacement bands; they work and look great! (There are plenty available on Amazon and there are a few youtube videos demonstrating how to do it.)

The design doesn't permit it to be changed out on a daily basis as with most of the the other fitbits but you can install a replacement band fairly easily.  Keep in mind, using superglue adds another level of effort required to remove the original band so I highly recommend going straight to the replacement option.  Good luck.

Best Answer

БлагодаряБлагодаря

България
Best Answer

Welcome to the Forums @Cplee123 and @jannieh, nice to see you here. 

Sorry about what happened to your Surge band.  Thanks for reaching out the Forums, customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

@Cplee123 in case that you need more help, please reply our support team; they will check your case and will let you know your warranty options.

Thanks for adding your picture @Pescho33. Пожалуйста

I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

Only 4days away from receiving the first email

Moderator edit: word choice.

България
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Pescho33. I apologize for the delayed response and will be glad to assist you.

I appreciate your feedback. Did you get support from our help team? You can vote for the idea Russian Language interface.

Please let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
I got a reply but l felt l was being fobbed off with policy. Not what l expected from a big company.

I really love my watch but l cannot afford a new one at this time due to recently having a new Baby girl...
Regards

Kevin Wood.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bulgarian not Russian

I am Bulgarian From Bulgaria 

На български не на руски 

Аз съм българин от България 

България
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Andrea, in summary I'm very satisfied and encouraged with the
responses from both the Community and the Fitbit help team. I've got
another 3 weeks to figure out which option to take: either get a
replacement band as drawn to my attention by the Community; or purchase one
of the new range. I'm torn twixt the two, reluctant to move away from my
beloved Surge but aware that that the battery is also not what it was so
the $25 for the band might be better directed at a new Fitbit . At my age,
change comes slow as my personal internal battery is not what it was.
Cplee123
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @OldMan1792@Pescho33 and @Cplee123. I'll be glad to continue assisting you.

@OldMan1792, congratulations for your baby girl! I'm sorry about what happened. Thank you for your feedback.

@Pescho33, I apologize for the misunderstanding. You can add your idea of adding Bulgarian language to our Feature Suggestions.

@Cplee123, thank you for sharing your comments and options. Let us know what you decide. Woman Wink

Keep on visiting the forums.

Best Answer
0 Votes