Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge - problem with index finger after many months' use

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had my Fitbit Surge for many months now and have worn it daily for most of the time since first wearing it, enjoying seeing how far I walk on a daily basis, what my heart rate average is, etc. 

However, I recently noticed a small 'lump' in the 'tendon sheath' of my ring finger and can no longer put a ring on that finger Surge.  Does anyone else have a similar 'lump' that can't be accounted for?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

It might start to show up in forums.  It doesn’t matter because I’m convinced it’s a problem. I’m 57 and my daughter is 30 and we both are having pain and have a small bump in joint knuckle above index finger of the hand we wear our watch on—too much of a coincidence for me.  I loved using the watch but only used it during the day.  Neither of us wear it during sleep. So watch for more posts when people start to question the pain. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I would go to the DR to get it checked out

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I am not a doctor, but the BT radiation from the Surge is way below that of a cellphone and well within accepted levels (read recently on another thread). I have not heard of any similar issues. I agree with Wendy, go to the Doctors and get it checked out!

Best Answer

Hey there, @DebiDooDah! Welcome to the Family! I was a little concern when I first read your post, this doesn't look like something normal. I haven't heard anything similar to this before in the Forums, but I think that it's best to contact a doctor or a physician to take a look of it. They will give you a better explanation on what happened. If you haven't do so, try to do it as soon as you can; don't procrastinate taking care of your health. Hopefully you will get a simple cure for this. Smiley Happy

Please keep me posted on the resolution! Woman Very Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My daughter and I both have started having a bump and joint pain in index finger of hand we wear our fit bit on—just discovered both are having same problem today.  I deleted my app and no longer wearing the watch.  This is a serious issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

It might start to show up in forums.  It doesn’t matter because I’m convinced it’s a problem. I’m 57 and my daughter is 30 and we both are having pain and have a small bump in joint knuckle above index finger of the hand we wear our watch on—too much of a coincidence for me.  I loved using the watch but only used it during the day.  Neither of us wear it during sleep. So watch for more posts when people start to question the pain. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I showed my GP who thought it was Dupuytren’s Contracture, but I wasn’t convinced. I stopped wearing my Fitbit Surge for a couple months and my first get definitely improved. I have started wearing my Surge again and the problem is getting worse again.

Is this a serious Surge design problem, I wonder? If so, what can be done about it, other than throw my Surge away - reluctant to do that as I enjoy (and benefit health wise!) using it AND it was expensive.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes