Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge showing weird lines on the screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi All, a little help or guidance would be highly appreciated.

I am using a fitbit surge since a couple of years now. In the recent few weeks i've started seeing weird lines on the device. It doesn't show the time or any other functions properly. In fact I have restarted it in the manner which involves pressing the home and other 2 button simultaneously 

till once sees a flash. I've reinstalled the App too and reconnected the device with the app multiple times. It connects and syncs but the screen is the same old story every single time.

I've asked this query elsewhere on the forum but i haven't got any response, thus I am starting a topic here. It was a gift and thus I have a soft corner for my watch. Any help or guidance shall be highly appreciated.

IMG_20181017_103702.jpgIMG_20181017_103945.jpg

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hi @abhushan86, nice to see you on the Forums.

Thanks for reporting this and for trying the restart on your Surge, it usually helps Fitbit trackers to back on track. We strive for excellent customer service, and customer satisfaction remains our number one goal.  I've checked with our Support Team and apparently they already took your case under their wings. Please keep an eye in your email inbox, you'll get some information about your case.

Please let me know if you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

did you ever get a reply for the problem with the screen?  Mine just has lines going across it and it’s not that old. Can’t see anything. Please let me know 

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @mandi123 , let me give you a warm welcome to our Community.

Sorry for the delayed response. Thanks for reaching out the Forums. I'd recommend wait until you get the information from our team, as I've requested them to create a case on your behalf. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support.

I'll around in case that you need anything else! Woman Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer

I’m having the same problem. Nothing but thin lines going across the screen again. Last time I received a reply from Fitbit it started working until a couple of charges then it didn’t. I can’t use it. Please help!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the solution to this problem? I am experiencing the same thing

Best Answer

Hallo, habe seit 3 Tagen das selbe Problem mit der Charge 3. Bin bisher sehr zufrieden mit der Uhr. Was kann ich machen?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue! I guess its almost dead! Batteries dont last forever

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can you create a case for me too please 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@QldStew I'm not understanding your statement, are you saying since noticing reduced battery life your screen began simultaneously having issues? Others in this thread are experiencing screen issues but you're the first to connect it with a related battery issue. What makes you positive the battery dying has been causing your display problems? 

Best Answer

@Creolegal it's terribly frustrating and incredibly selfish when people get solutions and don't share them with others here to benefit from, it is a community forum after all. Since you got screwed on getting an answer I'll encourage you to restart your Surge by holding the left and bottom right button for around 15 seconds then releasing (you may have to tap a button to complete the reboot). I've worked on hundreds of Fitbit Surges and if ever a screen issue like the one pictured, it's either (1) a software/configuration glitch, which is easily remedied with the resetting mentioned here, or (2) it's a loose internal connection cable which is trickier to repair. Earlier today, @QldStew stated an entirely different cause; their battery was the source of screen issues which I've never heard of happening before, and I hope they share their insights with us all to benefit from. Have a great day!

Best Answer

@RalfBochum this is the forum for Fitbit Surge, you may want to visit the forum for Charge 3. Cheers 🤓

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having exactly the same problem. My surge is a gift and I was so excited when I got it. It’s very frustrating. The screen stays blank until I touch it. When touched, it flashes for a second and then goes blank again. What do I do? Put it in the trash? Help please 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Alphonsejong and welcome to the Community.  Fitbit discontinued the Surge in 2017 and put it on its list of Legacy devices in 2020.  You don't say when you got this gift, but I don't think you have any options if it is out of warranty.  Please contact Support if it is still in warranty or for more help.  If it is beyond help, please don't put it in regular trash.  Check with you local rules for disposing rechargeable batteries.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer