Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge verus Fitbit Charger 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went running with my friend who use the Fitbit charge 2 GPS connected via iPhone. At the end of the run we had completed almost the same distance and ran at the same pace. Her pace was recorded at 8'52' mine record 10'05 per miles. Which reading is accurate?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

That's a good question, but not one that can be answered based on the information provided. The only way I can think of to answer it definitively is to do another run, this time on a track where you'll know the exact distance outside of what both trackers are reporting. Then you'll have something to compare each one. Make sure that you both complete the exact same distance.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer

It is more the pace we were concerned about. We ran together and came back with an over a two minute difference!

Best Answer
0 Votes

That makes sense. How did the two maps of the run compare? I've seen it before where one map shows a slightly different route than the other, which would probably throw off the pace.

As a Charge 2 owner looking at possible getting a Surge, this topic is of interest to me. It comes down to--is the Surge's GPS more accurate than my phone's GPS? Maybe it depends on the phone?

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes

The maps were  more or less accurate so no real issue there. The issue was why there was such a difference in the pace per mile. Two people start running the same course remain with each for the duration then the  such a variation in the pace time per mile.

Best Answer
0 Votes