Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge won’t work when disconnected from charger

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit surge isn’t working. It showed full battery when connected to the charger. But gets switched off when disconnected. Looks like a battery issue. Why is the battery so substandard for a gadget I spent ₹20k on?

I need immediate resolution as you don’t have any service Centers for such repairs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

They are not repairable.

How ever if you search Youtube for battery replacement and the model you will find some tutorials to help you

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

@sunilraot unsure how you're calling years of usage substandard? Li-ion batteries are rated for 3 years generally, whether in a remote-controlled helicopter or a Fitbit tracker. If you paid 20k Rupees for this, you likely purchased in 2015 and got a fantastic 5-years out of this fine device 🙂

IDK how much the batteries run, as @WendyB shared, there are videos with instructions on YouTube. There are also 3rd party service centers that average $50USD to replace batteries in the Surge, and you can find used and refurbished Surge trackers on eBay between $20-40USD.

Alternately, consider this an opportunity to get a newer Fitbit model. Cheers!

Best Answer

@Williger Guess you are too fast to jump into conclusions! It isn't a 2015 model so your response is actually irrelevant.

Thank you anyways!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately we do not get the spare battery here in India. May have to import it from China. I have anyways shifted to Apple Watch. My wife wanted to use the Fitbit device, but guess it's not gonna happen in near future.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sunilraot you're welcome. Those links will help you no matter what the year of the One. It's out of its service period, so replace the battery or purchase a new tracker. Cheers.

Best Answer
0 Votes