Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit heart rate way too high

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, I have just got a fitbit surge. The heart rate monitor started saying my resting heart rate was about 46, which is correct. But now it is reading between 80 and 130 BMP. Is there a fix for this? (obviously, I have checked it against my actual heart rate and I'm not having a heart attack or anything). Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hello @MartinN! Welcome to the Fitbit Forums.

There are several reasons that could be causing something like this. Please consider the following:

• How tight the band is being worn? The tighter it is, the more accurate the reading is.
  • How close to or far from your hand are you wearing it? The higher the band is on the arm, the better the reading will be.
  • Have you tried cleaning the HR sensor on the back of the Fitbit? There is a possibility that dust particles or sweat is interfering with the accurate readings.
  • Have you noted anything specific when you get these readings? Is it after some sort of activity or is it randomly?

Look forward to your reply and helping you make sense of this situation.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes