Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit one year review

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After a year of owning a fitbit surge I must say: I wish i saved more money and bought a Garmin.

These are the reasons:

- Endless problems with syncing to devices. Need to try multiple times to sync. Have to use third party tools to get fitbit surge to sync with my samsung phone. (bluetooth scanner etc)

- Fitbit straps have a major flaw - many many users report that their strap bubbles. My strap has bubbles as well as a colleague. This cant be a coincidence, I also read online that many others have the same problem.

- Fitbit accounts are not secure. When i contacted fitbit support they told me that my device has already been replaced. I bought the device brand new and have never contacted support before..someone used my details and got a free fitbit.

- Their support is not very helpful. Cut and paste responses and never actually answering the actual questions I ask. Each time a different consultant would contact me and I would have to repeat everything I said to the previous consultant. 

- Heart rate monitor is not that good. Many times i come home after a run then after struggling to sync for 30 minutes i see that the graph for heart rate is very inaccurate. there is no way i went on a hour run and my heart rate was a straight line at 130bpm.lol.

- In the one year of owning it there has only been one update which had no new features.

- takes longer than other devices to connect to gps.I would have to try to connect about 10 minutes before a race so that it would be connected by the time the race starts.

Fitbit is fine for people that just need something to keep track of how many steps they taken or wanting to say "look i have a fitness watch", but if you an athlete and actually want to use a device as a tool to improve then do not buy a fitbit. Save your money and buy a Gamin, Suunto or a device that are used by actual athletes. 

This is just my opinion and my experience with my device. I would never buy another fitbit device and would strongly advice anyone to save their money for something better.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I agree with everything..... Fitbits went downhill big-time in the last couple years, and should be avoided until they either get better or go under.

Best Answer

You are correct about the bubble, that happened to my replacement device after my first device strap started to fall apart.  The fitbit has been replaced..............again, but now it won't sync so nothing is being tracked.  I made this somewhat major purchase because I wanted to track activity, heart rate, sleep etc. and now I've been without a device for over two weeks and can sync.

When it works, it's a good device but in two years and I'm on my third device, something needs to be done. 

Thank you for sharing your challenges.

Best Answer

@Stuffs_za@Crazy-Fritter and @Misswil, thanks for sharing your comments.

Sorry for the overall issues with your Fitbit product. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. 

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success, so please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

I appreciate your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer