Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit surge has bubbles in the strap just under the face.  No, it hasn't been on a hot surface.

What's up with this?  What's the remedy?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

There doesn't seem to be a fix for this and the strap is not replaceable on the Surge as the electronics are built into it.

If you are within warranty (see www.fitbit.com/returns ) then you may be able to get a replacement by contacting customer support via one of the options in this link:

contact.fitbit.com

Best Answer

Mine did this to me the other day.  One bubble under the strap.  Over the course of 3 days, the bubble got bigger and moved closer to the watch face.  Now the whole strap by the watch face is loose and flaps.  Luckily, I already had a replacement watch in the mail for a different reason so I didn't have to exchange the one with the strap issue.

tl;dr - I suggest contacting support and they should replace it for you.

Best Answer

Im having the same problem. Has anyone speak to Fitbit about a solution for the problem?

Fitbit Strap.jpg

Best Answer

My strap has done exactly the same.

It started as a small bubble on the left bottom corner of the strap below the watch face, and within 3 days has spread over halfway across the strap. Since yesterday a bubble has appeared on the right side of the strap.

It looks like the upper layer of rubber on the strap has de-laminated form the rest of the unit. Very poor design and quality, and it seems to have happened to a lot of Surge units

I only bought the unit on 31 Jan 16 so its only 4.5 months old. Whilst I wear it every day, I don't wear it at night as its a bit uncomfortable and the sleep pattern recording is so hit and miss that its a waste of time and battery IMO.

I'm going to contact fitbit support UK to see if they will replace the unit, but tbh, even if they do replace it, I can't see any reason why the strap will do exactly the same again within 6 months.

Very poor design and very disappointed in a product that had such potential. A Garmin will be my next purchase and I doubt I'll return to FitBit in the future.

Best Answer

I contacted FitBit support. Sent them a picture. Received a new watch.

Watch has its own issues -- bulkiness for instance.

Happy enough with Customer Support

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to agree with the comment about fitbit customer services. A couple of emails and a couple of photographs and I've received notification that a replacement tracker is being shipped out to me.

It does seem a bit daft that the unit is being binned because of a faulty strap though.

Maybe this is why the newer trackers have the interchangeable straps...

Best Answer

@Tommo_N I'm glad to hear you are satisfied with Fitbit's customer service, I hope you received your replacement. Smiley Happy

Carlos M | Modérateur, Fitbit

Fatigué? Astuces pour mieux dormir!

Best Answer

I am now having the same bubbling problem on the band of my Surge.

This is my 3rd Surge by the way.

My first one was replaced under warranty because the band rubber covering was wearing out too quickly, exposing the hard plastic components underneath, and cracking/ripping around the screws.

My second one was replaced because of presistent condensation under the screen.

Now my current one has the bubbling problem, but it's out of warranty, although I've had this replacement for about 4-5 months only. 

I love fitbit Service, but I am really hating the product quality. Considering the price of the Surge in Canada is over $300, I've gone through the equivalent of about $1000 of Surges without heavy usage at all. 

It's more than a little disappointing. If I have to pay for a new one, I am going to be forced to move to a non-Fitbit product.

Screenshot_2016-08-31-15-53-25.jpg

Screenshot_2016-08-31-15-52-36.jpg

Best Answer

I bought my first Surge the first year they came out. I am now on my fifth Surge with a bubbling strap issue. The first replacement was under warranty. The second was outside warranty but they gave me a 30% discount on a new one. The third and fourth and fifth all were replaced under warranty.  The fifth is on the way  now (January 2017). I am afraid that if this one fails it will be outside the warranty period and I will be forced to look seriously at an Apple Watch. For what it is worth, customer support has been awesome at Fitbit. image.jpg

Best Answer

I've had mine replaced twice since Aug because of the strap. You would think they'd make an improvement.  Every time I talk to someone I get the same response , they're aware and they're working on it. I guess once every goes to garmin or apple they'll finally fix it. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I am using fit surge from nov-2016.

I am facing issue of air bubble on my surge wrist strap.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Abhishek sharma

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had 2 surge watches and both straps have done this.  They know they have a problem, however, they keep sending this product out.  Apple or Garmen both sound better everyday.  

Best Answer

I was able to get a replacement under warranty the first year but now that it's out of warranty, I'm disinclined to buy a new one.  I searched amazon and found a 3rd party band replacement for $15.  Purchased it, carefully removed the bubbling band, and snapped the new band on.  It's been perfect for the last 3 months.  We'll see how it holds up.

Best Answer

I swear, that's the exact same thing that has happened with my watch.

Best Answer

@RABEB I was able to reach out to our Support Team and get confirmation that they were working with you to reach a resolution with you. Can you please confirm that? Hoping to hear that you were able to get back on track.

Erick | Community Moderator

It's all about the food! What's Cooking?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did have a nice call with Vanessa, I believe.  I'm happy with the contact.Regards,Ruth
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes.  I worked through a solution with Vanessa.  She was very helpful.

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is Ono Monachino, what can I do for you?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same problem with my Fitbit Surge,seems to be a worldwide fault in the design.Purchased mine on the 1st August 2016 from Argos and as I am in the UK under EU ruling it carries a extended warranty to 2years.Contacted Argos,they said I needed to phone Fitbit to obtain a Authorisation Code for it to be returned,they offered me a FREE replacement which I declined saying the same problem would only happen again.Got the code number went back that same afternoon to Argos,gave them the code number & then got a FULL refund of the purchase price.Top marks to customer services on Argos & Fitbit.

Best Answer