Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Surge feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit surge has bubbles in the strap just under the face.  No, it hasn't been on a hot surface.

What's up with this?  What's the remedy?

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
97 REPLIES 97

The band I purchased from that place named after a river will not bubble. The band is made of rubber in once piece, so there is no layer that will bubble. It took about 5 minutes to swap them out. With the band, you get everything you need to swap them except for rubbing alcohol and cotton swaps to clean up everything and optional rubber cement.

Band works great, Surge works great. still get about 4 days of battery as well and it is almost 3 year old.

Best Answer
As a consumer it is not my responsibility to Replace a defective product from Fitbit. Expecially at my expense.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Hi everybody! Thanks for your participation on the Forums.

Sorry for the issues with your Surge. Thanks for the feedback, it's very important to us to have your thoughts in regards our product and your customer support interactions. Fitbit is always trying to provide great products and customer experience. Each scenario is different, but I think that you can use the option available according to your warranty information, as it was mentioned by our support team. 

Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

In case that you need help to see your warranty options, let me know so I can request a new case for you.

Thanks for your understanding.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
I've gone to Garmin now.. never again fitbit..
Best Answer

My surge watch is getting bubbles again. It was replaced for the same problem just a few months ago.. My question is can I get a free replacement or am I out of luck. My purchase date was Nov of 2016.

Best Answer

@ken1kraw it depends on where you are. If you are in Europe the warranty runs for 24 months so you will still be in cover. Outside Europe though the warranty only runs for 12 months so you will not be covered.

Best Answer

How you doing @ken1kraw? Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here! Thanks for jumping in @SteveH

That's a good questions. I've created a support case on your behalf so they can check your warranty options. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums

Let me know if you have doubts about it.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Surge in 2014. The first band cracked. The replacement watch wouldn't sync with the app so I had to send it back to get a replacement for the replacement. So the replacement band delaminated. So now this is the second replacement Surge to laminate. It starts with a small bubble and it progressive gets worse. Today I noticed that the joint at the watch body came totally separated. Both of the watches that delaminated were replacements to my original watch. I'm fed up with Fitbit. I'm seriously thinking about switching to Apple watch, especially since Fitbit will make me buy a new watch.
Surge 1.jpgSurge 2.jpgSurge 3.jpg

Best Answer

Hi @JeffK847 Thanks for joining this family, hope you like what find here!

Sorry to hear what happen to your Fitbit! I know that you maybe questioning about the quality of Fitbit but, I assure you that we test our Fitbit before releasing them to the market and we expect the highest quality in our products and services. Rest assure I'll pass along the feedback, your voice is being heard. Fitbit is always reviewing your responses to provide feedback to our product development team.

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The issue with the wristbands has been going on for well over a year and you have done nothing to fix it. You are aware of it long time ago and nothing was done, so for you to say that you are just now or aware of it is misinformation

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

What a bogus corporate answer Yolanda.

Yes, much longer than a year. And, it takes little time for the bands to
start delaminating. I shouldn’t have to go through 4 different watches in 4
years time.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

@JeffK847wrote:
Yes, much longer than a year. And, it takes little time for the bands to
start delaminating. I shouldn’t have to go through 4 different watches in 4
years time.

Just a thought here, but my third replacement surge delaminated early in 2017. I had a woman I work with jam some superglue into it and that seemed to stop it from getting any worse. Then I tossed Surge inot a drawer when the ionic came along.

heads up! For competitive athletes the surge far exceeds the ionic. After 6 months of ionic-drama and inaccuracy I have reverted back to my crusty, delaminated, paint-speckled Surge. Happily.

Best Answer

Hi @bmw54 Thanks for updating the thread with your comments and feedback.

@JeffK847 Sorry about the issues you've had with your replacements, it wasn't my intention to sound in that way. But your comments are important for us as we pass all your feedback to our team.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Answer

So we bought all three kids a Surge for Xmas this past year and one never worked so we returned it. The other two kids wear theirs and the straps are already breaking or having the bubbles in them. From the looks of this thread this is an obvious and known problem with the watches and there seems to be no easy fix. Any advice is welcome. A watch back you last more than three months or be easily replaced, especially a rubber one on a fitness watch. Clearly a design flaw from the beginning. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi I sent fit bit photos of my bubbled strap and they offered me a reduced rate upgrade or as I wasn't feeling rich I went for a replacement and it arrived in days no quibbles. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update to my original post, having contacted Fitbit customer service I was within my warranty so after providing photos of the offending strap Fit bit offered me a reduced rate upgrade or replacement they didn't even want the old one back. The new one arrived in 48 hours and has worked well since so I'd recommend emailing your pictures to fit bit. Replacement service was good not having to ask for it would have been better as I like the watch. I'd like a slimmer one which has all the features of the surge if any one from fit bits reading could you develop one please

Best Answer

@JPuddleduck The replacement for the Surge is the Ionic. If you check out the Ionic Forum you will see what actual users think of it.

Fixed wing aircraft (F-4J, F-4S), Fighter Squadrons: VF-171, VF-31, VF-103.
Best Answer
0 Votes
The Fitbit Iconic has a lot of features I won't ever use, so why have it?
T

| | Virus-free. www.avg.com |
Best Answer

Hi @alikat19@JPuddleduck@TonyPCMan and @VF31AE3 thanks for sharing your comments. 

Welcome to the Forums @alikat19! Thanks for posting your inquiry here. I've requested a case on your behalf, so they can check your request. You should soon receive an email from Customer Support at the email you used to register with the Community forums. Once you talk to them you might want to have more information about our new trackers since Fitbit is introducing its first fitness band dedicated for kids ages eight and up, you can find more details in our here.

@JPuddleduck I'm glad to hear that our team helped you with the issues that you were having. Good to know that you really like your Fitbit. I think the same that @VF31AE3, you can check the new models to see if their features are okay for you. You can also visit our official page to compare features.

Good comment @TonyPCMan, as you're not interested in using the Fitbit Ionic, you could place your idea in our Feature Suggestions Board, including what you would like to have in a tracker.

Let me know if you have questions.

Best Answer

I've got the same problem with my surge 

Best Answer