Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit surge tracking option

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How close do my phone and surge have to be to enable the exercise tracking function of my fitbit?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I've noticed you are new around @Bart79, so let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. Cat Happy

Your Fitbit Surge doesn't need to be close your phone to start tracking an activity you can read more about how to use the MultiSport feature option in the helpsite. Now, once you've done tracking your activities you can sync your Surge with your mobile device or computer to see  your stats.

Welcome to the Fitbit experience! Heart

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
I ask, because I had a 5 mile hike yesterday and only 0.1 miles were
recorded
Best Answer

I did this once because even though I put the surge in GPS Hike mode, I forgot to press start so nothing ever recorded. I think it kept track of my steps though. Also, are you using just the Surge to track or the fitbit app that uses your phones GPS to track your hike? Emujo

Best Answer
Thanks...fitbit tracked for 2 plus hours but no distance or steps
Best Answer

When the GPS is running you should be seeing data (HR, Steps, avg min per mile, etc) on the Surge. Is this present and only your app is not receiving this info? Or is the Surge showing nothing is happening? Emujo

Best Answer

Hi @Bart79 and @Emujo it's always nice to see your post here! Excellent questions @Emujo, thanks for the help! Cat Happy

Please @Bart79 thanks for confirming what I needed to know in your second post! I'd recommend to restart your Surge a couple of times and try ti again since it is not a normal behavior from your Fitbit. 

Please keep me posted! Woman Wink

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer